Indicator Relay Tick

exmusso

Indicator Relay Tick

Hi all,
On a rare occasion, I have been prompted by the other half that my flashers are still on. What with gear changing after turning and all that, must admit I've not heard it or noticed the light on the dashboard.
To this end, I bought a 12v buzzer from Maplins but as its been freezing outside, haven't got around to fitting it yet.
Has anyone found an easy way to increase the flasher ticking volume? I'm sure it's fairly common on Fiat X2/50 vehicles. And where is the flasher relay?

It is a pet hate of mine for those who do not use their indicators especially on roundabouts. Maybe it's on the options list for all the Beemers, Audis etc.

Cheers,
Alan

Remembering to turn it off is as important as remembering to turn it on! I'd try and get it in your head a bit more :)

I believe that the indicator circuit is part of the body computer i.e. there is no separate flasher unit. The indicator stalk inputs into the body computer which contains the electronic indicator circuitry

X250 indicators.jpg This is the Fiat description. note the reference to 'acoustic signal'

Can't comment on controlling the volume of indicator tick tick. but many of us suffer with the same problem --not turning off the indicators promptly-- because the sound is drowned out by the noise in the MH.
This is completely subjective view but an additional bleeper would drive me bonkers.
For this same reason I dumped the bleeper for the "step-out" warning and replaced it with a bright red 12v led. The led lens sticks its head out through the side plastic surround of the instrument cluster. Because it is bright it is very obvious.
Perhaps a bright green LED on the dash in parallel with the flashing bulb in the instrument cluster.
No doubt others will come up with alternative and probably better suggestions

Use a bright led but make sure it does not shine in eyes of blind at night,pointing down a tad is good,i like the buzzer idea.

JoeHymer;n8624 said:
Can't comment on controlling the volume of indicator tick tick. but many of us suffer with the same problem --not turning off the indicators promptly-- because the sound is drowned out by the noise in the MH.
This is completely subjective view but an additional bleeper would drive me bonkers.
For this same reason I dumped the bleeper for the "step-out" warning and replaced it with a bright red 12v led. The led lens sticks its head out through the side plastic surround of the instrument cluster. Because it is bright it is very obvious.
Perhaps a bright green LED on the dash in parallel with the flashing bulb in the instrument cluster.
No doubt others will come up with alternative and probably better suggestions

The previous owner had had additional bleepers fitted to the indicators,2 separate ones with a different tone for each one.Initially I wasn't keen on them and thought about removing them but must admit they have grown on me and can see why they were fitted.It's very easy to forget that the indicator has been left on with all the noise in the cab.

I could be wrong but I do not think that the mirror mounted indicators are part of the Lamp Fail system so the feeds to them could be a solution of connecting a buzzer without causing problems.

Hi Ray and others
Saw a post on the Fiat Forums referring to fitting a buzzer in the mirror indicator which may work.
If the acoustic signal is from the board computer, it in theory should be a simple job to alter the values to increase the sound but who would know how to do that?
Think I'll go for a Head Up Display using mirrors - I'm sure the missus has some spare.:rolleyes:
I took the van out today and noticed I couldn't see the flasher lights on the dash due to the steering wheel spoke blocking it or the. height if the drivers seat and my eye level.
Perhaps a small adjustment of either will solve the problem. Worth a try. Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
Alan

exmusso;n8987 said:
Hi Ray and others

If the acoustic signal is from the board computer, it in theory should be a simple job to alter the values to increase the sound but who would know how to do that?

Alan

You are a braver man than me if you are going to delve inside the body computer. It controls a multitude of functions such as lights, wipers, washers etc and the chances of inducing a fault would be high. One of those things that I think are best left alone.

Haven't seen how or where and only heard it once but my van X250 has a bleeper on indicators which works when a lighting board is connected ( I'm not sure but it maybe a legal req when towing ) I've only connected lighting board once

could you not fit a extra lamp on the mirrors facing towards you if you have lamps on your mirrors so when you use your mirrors yo u see the turn signal as most people tennd to use mirrors rather than looking down when coming off a roundabout
my bug bear is getting indocators to stay on whilst going round a roundabout as mine tend to self cancel at slightest turn

Odd isn't it how this phenomenon only appears when the 'other-half' is beside you?
My hearing aids seem to pick up and amplify the old Golf flasher but not the old Fiat camper.

Ray.

Its not a difficult job to do a Buzzer and a couple of diodes

The OEM connections are in the Wiring loom connectors ta each side of the Dash D025 is on the Offside and the wire is a Light Blue with a Black tracer on the Nearside it is D026 and the cable colour is pink with a white tracer I have used this system on quite a few vans I usually fit a switch in the Negative connection to be able to silence when required.

Alf

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/motorhomer.com\/core\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

Alf

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/motorhomer.com\/core\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back