Info please

kenspain

Free Member

My Spanish friend has brought a Volkswagen California from an English couple that found it a bit hard driving a right hand van over here my friend has to come over to England for 3 years to work in the family business and got the van so he can travel round looking at the country, now todo this he will have to put the van back on English reg . Can anyone give some of advice on How easy is it to do and how much to do it .Thanks.

I have done this myself after living in France for 10 years, when we decided to return tolive in the UK I brought back with me my trusted and oh so loved Defender 90. For me it was very easy as I had been the person who took it from the UK to France, as such I had the V5 document which I then removed the appropriate section and sent it into the DVLA and almost by return of post I had the duly altered V5.

Hopefully your friend will have been given parts of the V5 if not all of it which he would then be able to send off.

He will need to have a UK address for adding to their records and for recording onto the V5.

Presumably if it has been registered in the UK in former times then all the original VAT and associated taxes will have been paid.

Fingers crossed for him

I have done this myself after living in France for 10 years, when we decided to return tolive in the UK I brought back with me my trusted and oh so loved Defender 90. For me it was very easy as I had been the person who took it from the UK to France, as such I had the V5 document which I then removed the appropriate section and sent it into the DVLA and almost by return of post I had the duly altered V5.

Hopefully your friend will have been given parts of the V5 if not all of it which he would then be able to send off.

He will need to have a UK address for adding to their records and for recording onto the V5.

Presumably if it has been registered in the UK in former times then all the original VAT and associated taxes will have been paid.

Fingers crossed for him
Thank,s very much I think he has copy of the log book and other things he has a UK address so with luck he will be ok

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back