INSURANCE ADVICE NEEDED URGENTLY,

Billieblue

I’m in Spain as I usually am this time of the year. I’ve been with C&CC for years - each year they email me a quote which I accept. Realised it was getting close to renewal and checked emails - couldn’t find it so I phoned to be told they’d sent me an email saying I have been declined insurance as my van is parked on the road. I told her I would arrange to have it on a neighbour’s drive. She came back with a quote well over double what I’ve been paying!! Any advice on who to contact? I’ve got a week to sort it! Nothing to do with the new laws re quotes for old and new customers I suppose! Help! 🙏

I’m in Spain as I usually am this time of the year. I’ve been with C&CC for years - each year they email me a quote which I accept. Realised it was getting close to renewal and checked emails - couldn’t find it so I phoned to be told they’d sent me an email saying I have been declined insurance as my van is parked on the road. I told her I would arrange to have it on a neighbour’s drive. She came back with a quote well over double what I’ve been paying!! Any advice on who to contact? I’ve got a week to sort it! Nothing to do with the new laws re quotes for old and new customers I suppose! Help! 🙏
We park on the road [no other option] and LV quoted a lower premium than if we took the motorhome to a high security, all singing & dancing Storage Facility 'If it's outside your house, you can see that everything is alright'. Brunhilde is on a multi vehicle policy but renewal premium incl European travel for up to 180 days each year and 10,000 miles was £337.24 for the M/Home

Steve

It depends on the postcode of where MH is kept. My renewal is £224 with AIB. Adrian Flux have also been quite good at about £240.

AIB have reduced our premium by £30 for this year, unprompted . Refreshing in current times, just could do with occasional commuting cover which they do not allow!!!!?

AIB just gave me the best price straight off and could go no lower even though I chanced extra Motorhomer discount. 😉

I'd second Comfort. I am not with them now but in earlier days I kept our MH on two separate farms and they covered it no problem

I can recommend Comfort insurance, they’ve served me well.

Thanks everyone - I ended up with my original insurers as I didn’t have the internet so couldn’t google for telephone numbers. I did manage to reduce their quote by £100 ish though. Needless to say I’ll be shopping around early next time!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back