Insurance and SORN

GMJ

If I SORN my Moho is the insurance still valid?

Do I have to tell my insurers?

Anyone with experience of this?

ta

Graham

I haven't heard from Comfort yet but have SORN'ed it anyway.

Thanks all

Graham

I have rang AIB and questioned this, I was told as long as the vehicle is not on the road and will not be used on the road, the insurance will cover it for fire, theft and damage.
Obviously it can't be driven on the road without road tax.
I didn't ask about mot as it wasn't relevant to my situation but I would assume if it wasn't mot'd then at least it would effect the amount it was worth but maybe would invalidate the insurance.

I have read some years ago that insurance would be invalid without a current MOT and road fund tax being paid. I can't remember the company.
I can't see why that would be the case at all. Reckon that would be an underwriter to avoid if they had that stipulation!

I have rang AIB and questioned this, I was told as long as the vehicle is not on the road and will not be used on the road, the insurance will cover it for fire, theft and damage.
Obviously it can't be driven on the road without road tax.
I didn't ask about mot as it wasn't relevant to my situation but I would assume if it wasn't mot'd then at least it would effect the amount it was worth but maybe would invalidate the insurance.
what about going for mot. and crashing before you get there. ok pj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back