Insurance due šŸ¤”

Pudsey Bear

Might be worth looking at this

Does anyone use Direct Line?

No. I have used Direct Line in the past but eventually found their cover lacking in certain aspects that were important for me. I tend to find that it's more than enough to update my details on one comparison site but may give MoneySupermarket a go next time to see whether any of their hints are useful.

After many years of being a loyal customer, to a well-known broker, at one point with seven vehicles on cover. I have today moved away from this broker. I have been quoted an increase of 300% for one car and 50% more for a van. They quoted for a third vehicle telling me it was better than last year but I managed to get it for Ā£150 less. I have saved over a thousand pounds on insurance today through Compare the Market.

I rang BIB for Motorhome insurance quote today as I had to move to CMC brokers last year to get commuting cover and was surprised at the fuss they made over me wanting 10,000 miles per annum. They said it would put the price up considerably. I appreciate very restricted mileage can reduce the cost but thought 10,000 would likely be very similar to unlimited, from what Iā€™ve found in the past. Waiting for them to come back to me. šŸ¤”

@polar bear
Snap! We had one of our cars renewal quote through from Hastings yesterday, last year they were the cheapest but this year helped themselves to a 44% increase on last years policy!

2 minutes on compare the wotsit got that reduced to virtually the same as we paid last year!

Insurance companies still rely heavily on punishing, milking and exploiting existing customers with massively hiked up renewals in the hope customers are too lazy to notice, so itā€™s 100% necessary to shop around every time.

Annoyingly it is relatively easy to shop around via comparison site for cars but less so for vans especially if plated > 3500kg

One of my cars is insured with Aviva and just had the renewal quote come through, Ā£1.25 more expensive than last year.
Seems odd to think they could even dream this up. Computers 4 u I guess!!!šŸ˜«šŸ¤£

I rang BIB for Motorhome insurance quote today as I had to move to CMC brokers last year to get commuting cover and was surprised at the fuss they made over me wanting 10,000 miles per annum. They said it would put the price up considerably. I appreciate very restricted mileage can reduce the cost but thought 10,000 would likely be very similar to unlimited, from what Iā€™ve found in the past. Waiting for them to come back to me. šŸ¤”

Tried Scenic Insurance, spent 15 minutes or so filling in the online form only to receive a message to say that they couldn't quote, no explanation given. Tried AIB, they wouldn't quote either. Turns out the gremlin is that my 40 year old son-in-law has an expired SP30 on his licence which won't get removed until Jan 25. We need him as a named driver as they borrow the van, so staying with Comfort who don't have a problem with him!!

been with these for years best of the lot

been with these for years best of the lot
We used to be with them until they made making a claim really difficult, so not the best by a long way for us.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back