Insurance for Morocco

RichardA

Free Member

Dear All,

I'm planning on going to Morocco but hadn't realised how difficult it would be to find an insurer who would provide temporary cover (my insurer, like most, doesn't cover Morocco)!

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Many thanks.

Richard Abrahams

Whoever you insure with, Take Care.
Just cancelled my insurance through "Staveley Head" They charged me £161.21 cancelation fee. I had been with them for 20 days!
I renewed with Adrian Flux over the phone. paid the £340 fully comp cover. got the documentation later that stated in the small print that my motorhome would not be covered for theft unless I had a third party 24/7 monitored tracker installed costing several hundred quid + a monthly or annual fee for them to monitor it. Had I been told this before I was asked to pay I would not have renewed with them, I would suggest a check on your policy and schedule to ensure that you don't fall into the same trap and are blissfully unaware that if your pride and joy gets stolen they won't pay out.

Comfort used to do a Green Card but I think they stopped.
We moved to LV who do issue a card for Morocco.................... for a price.
There are plenty of useful Morocco threads on the Fun site and it seems some people have bought cover at Tanger Med.

Thanks for responses. LV do indeed offer 'Green Card' cover for Morocco - at what I think is a very reasonable price - £45 for 6 weeks. Their cost for insurance is pretty much in line with the rest of the industry. So I've shifted my insurance to them.

Richard

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back