Insurance whilst SORN'd

SquirrellCook

We have foolishly started another small conversion project (Betty) Managed a fake motorhome conversion to satisfy getting a Motorhome MOT. Obviously whilst off road and under genuine construction we'd like it Insured. Who's best to try with this?

Mark.

I found Adrian Flux the best when I was converting my van and I have stayed with them.
(They offer a discount to our members :))

Some companies stipulatute the conversion must be done in 3 months - and stick to it.
Others have a general "try and get it done in 3 months" rule - AIB have that rule but are not bound by it rigidly.
I would see if you can get a policy that has big discounts for low annual mileage as yours is gonna be super-low!

We'll start a new post at some point and try and post in small chunks as not wanting to bore everyone to death. We've planned this to take the rest of the year in the hope the result will be better than the evolution that is "Murky" Once the "coach mechanic repairs" have been undone/corrected it should be roadworthy for most of the conversion. Thanks for the mention of low annual mileage, I hadn't thought of that.

We are with Adrian Flux too for the first year while converting.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back