Intelsat 907

• Thread starter Deleted member 117
  • Start date

Deleted member 117

Hi folks....we are on free Aires with EHU (see post on WC) This Brit arrives and luckily gets the last hook up and declares he needs it so he can watch the rugby !!?? I say.how ? He says via 85cm dish and icecrypt box on to Intelsat 907. I said...don't you need codes for that... he said not.....can you buffs comment....essentially illegal but hey ho ?? Maja

If you look at Lyngsat you will find freesat is available on 11495V, but you need a receiver able to tune in to this, and no it isn't illegal AFAIK
907.jpg

don't tell Trev my desktop is cluttered ;)

no, but he will tell you russian hackers are in your PC as you are running MS Edge!

Cheers Tezza....not a word to Linux-man LOL ? Maja

Yes it works fine - I use 907 every day. But you need a certain type of receiver, such as the Icecrypt S1600 (there are others), and you do need BISS codes for the encryption - these are readily available and haven't changed for a long time now. The legal side is a grey area, but who cares. However 907 is used by the Big 5 channels as a backup feed to local transmitter sites around the UK in case the other links ever go down. As such, it could disappear at any time if the transmission companies ever change their policies. Intelsat 907 is an old bird, almost at end of life. With an 85cm dish you can get Astra/Freesat as far as the south of France, but if you want to go to Spain/Portugal then 907 is your only option. I know a guy who sells pre-configured receivers for very reasonable money. You also need to be able to point your dish and lock onto 907 - this varies depending on what system you have.

The only other alternative is to use the internet and 4g mobile data. This works out very roughly at 30p per hour of viewing. I use both - there are only the basic channels on 907 - if you want the rest then internet is the only option.

Yeah....sounds good....might fancy a receiver if not taking the p155 LOL !! Maja

Actually....no problem....just patched existing receiver......cheers.....Maja

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back