Intermarche, Chauvigny

runnach

This is a new store on the outskirts of the town, various other businesses around too. We shopped there today and I noticed three 24 hour coin operated facilities. 1) bottled gas, OK, French style/fittings only. 2) Laundrette. 3) Aire type grey and black dump available, along with potable and non potable trap to draw from.

It may be possible to park up within supermarket CP? Finally, we were really impressed with the various goods/foods available within the store itself.
10E6DD97-B3A6-4272-8F9C-803636A95C93.jpeg00231AA3-2F83-437D-A35A-756DD1779D49.jpegDC2673A8-EA75-4FB3-BCCD-CD721F7CAEC1.jpeg

This is a new store on the outskirts of the town, various other businesses around too. We shopped there today and I noticed three 24 hour coin operated facilities. 1) bottled gas, OK, French style/fittings only. 2) Laundrette. 3) Aire type grey and black dump available, along with potable and non potable trap to draw from.

It may be possible to park up within supermarket CP? Finally, we were really impressed with the various goods/foods available within the store itself.
View attachment 63852View attachment 63853View attachment 63854
Hope you meant 'tap', rather than trap' for the water ... 🤭. Redefines the old 'This beer tastes like pee' joke ...

Steve

The aire we're on offers the usual 10 minutes water (€3), but payment must be made in cash, and there are no shops or cafes etc in the village ...

Then I saw a French M/homer wandering back from the waterfall 100m away, with a couple of large water containers ... Ingenious, and perfectly ok for cassette rinsing, dish washing etc. We can just about eak our fresh water supply out now, without any tell tale odours from a cassette in a heatwave!

'It didn't smell like that when it was cooked the first time ... The reheat in the cassette hasn't improved it ... '

Steve

View attachment 63852View attachment 63853View attachment 63854
They do look after Les Campingcar- istes, in Frogland...
One day Blighty might catch up ?

They do look after Les Campingcar- istes, in Frogland...
One day Blighty might catch up ?
Well, a letter writer in the Guardian today observed that those in the Dover queues who voted to end Freedom of Movement have had their wish granted ... 👍

Steve

Preaching to the choir, Steve..
Probably written by one of the workforce?
Do tell me the moment that they print a letter with the opposite view 😜

Preaching to the choir, Steve..
Probably written by one of the workforce?
Do tell me the moment that they print a letter with the opposite view 😜
Journalistic standards would not allow such a caper. I just thought the letter was quite wry ...

Dover claim to have processed 72,000 passengers in 1 day and the processing time has increased from 59 seconds to 90 seconds, so some 36,000+ extra minutes/600 hours extra work in a port area acknowledged to have insufficient room for upgraded and/or extra infrastructure (and the £30 million bid that was downgraded to 0.01% of this sum didn't help)

Steve

Understandable, Steve..
The UK is asking the French to do something that costs them time, money and inconvenience.
No wonder they are somewhat bolshy..
Imagine how the UK Border Agency would have reacted if the roles had been reversed? France having made a decision to leave The EU..
Naturally, Brussels would have asked the UK to handle the negotiations ?
Just shows what a dim lot of politicians the UK has produced, of late..
And their Civil Service Advisors...
Bring back Sir Humphrey.! ( He never really left, me' thinks.).

Trying to steer around the politics of it all, Paul, but I cannot see it as a coincidence that EU launches legal action x 4 against UK for Withdrawal Agreement breaches etc, and the French decide that their somewhat relaxed approach to the passport checking needs to be tightened up within about 72 hours
Understandable, Steve..
The UK is asking the French to do something that costs them time, money and inconvenience.
No wonder they are somewhat bolshy..
Imagine how the UK Border Agency would have reacted if the roles had been reversed? France having made a decision to leave The EU..
Naturally, Brussels would have asked the UK to handle the negotiations ?
Just shows what a dim lot of politicians the UK has produced, of late..
And their Civil Service Advisors...
Bring back Sir Humphrey.! ( He never really left, me' thinks.
Steve

Then I saw a French M/homer wandering back from the waterfall 100m away, with a couple of large water containers ... Ingenious, and perfectly ok for cassette rinsing, dish washing.
Steve
Steve, if you hung around long enough I’m sure you would have caught the MH’r head back to waterfall with the clothes washing!

Does it have an ATM we could do with some cash having had to use it when our cards failed (no intermarche failed)

We find that Intermarche have the best loyalty card (Carte de fidelity). Some good reductions or lower price for second item on the spot. Bit like Tesco. We have a full set of Leclerc, Carrefour, and Super U. but rarely get anything useful. We also have Jardiland and Lafayette, all easy to obtain at the customer services.

Davy

Don't be daft Phil meet up wi terry he has loads o dosh and will bung you some( interest applicable of course!)
Don't listen to Gordon (not many do) Phil. He recently told me is is glad he forgot about a large stash of old £20 notes he found when turning his mattress at home recently. He is now using them as bog roll, as he says the new £ notes are murder on hid derriere.

We all know the old saying "money to burn" Gordon has money to..................no matter :unsure:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back