internet with legs

I’ll second that. Wish I’d bought more with me. Could have told O2 to stuff their phone.

I've used these home and abroad for ages now in my iPad and mifi unit and they're absolutely brilliant. That's a really good price for the 24GB sim (y)

One tiny word of caution about using it overseas... in Europe last year I discovered that 3 have a monthly fair usage cap on roaming data. I'd bought a 24GB sim but wasn't allowed to use it all in one month without incurring extra charges, so now I make sure I've always got two sims to switch around. I don't know if they still have this policy though - could be old news now.

This is going to be useful information for anyone going off into Europe for, I don’t know, 3 months or so ?.
It’s all stuff I’ll bear in mind if I ever get the chance to come back again.
I only wish I hadn’t used up the data I had so quickly. It’ll not happen again, trust me.

This is going to be useful information for anyone going off into Europe for, I don’t know, 3 months or so ?.
It’s all stuff I’ll bear in mind if I ever get the chance to come back again.
I only wish I hadn’t used up the data I had so quickly. It’ll not happen again, trust me.

Not the first to say that Del ;)

I was looking at that a couple of weeks ago and it’s a great price not that I know too much about it I have my daughter in law that usually sorts it out my very own PA..haha :sneaky:

I was looking at that a couple of weeks ago and it’s a great price not that I know too much about it I have my daughter in law that usually sorts it out my very own PA..haha :sneaky:
Don’t hesitate Jeanette, also buy far more than you think you’d need. It’s like UHT milk it doesn’t go off if you don’t open it ?

Last edited:
I have a contract with Three for my phone which, as part of the deal I have 30gb of data per month(this is capped at 19gb a month abroad). I would never get anywhere near using that amount. I see that Three now allow foreign tethering for this type of bundle which is great as I find my tablet much easier to use due to the relative size of the screen. I pay £17.43 a month.

When my contract with 02 finishes I’ll be looking for a new supplier. I’m not saying that they were wrong to cut me off. Although a warning text message would have been nice. They send me one when I’ve used 80% of my data allowance. One telling me that I was being closed down and why.
Don’t forget, this was the day they lost coverage in the uk

When my contract with 02 finishes I’ll be looking for a new supplier. I’m not saying that they were wrong to cut me off. Although a warning text message would have been nice. They send me one when I’ve used 80% of my data allowance. One telling me that I was being closed down and why.
I have a home contract with three which is SIM only 40gb month( + free Netflix data etc in uk.) ..persuaded them to reduce cost to £15 month as we are away a lot and take it with me when we travel in Europe. Used the 19gb allowed in EU pretty quickly this time. Also got a 100gb month Vodafone on mobile phone to use in portugal home as usually get great Vodafone signal but no three signal. Neither worked this time...:mad::mad::mad:..but I have really used the Vodafone tethered to tablets in rest of EU. You can use all of the data unlike three. So in the rain, we have been able to watch or listen as much as we like with no problem. Got it for £13 month after cashback deal so not bad at all!

We did have this discussion Del but you arrived me the 1Gb of data on your phone was ample lol

I think I assured you. Didn’t arrived you anywhere. Oh! It was a typo, how unlike you.??
I’d increased this to 5gb in March. I had increased this to 15 gb minutes before I was cut off. I can only suppose the 63 day limit would apply no matter how big an allowance you had.
Take a back up, always, I will.

jan’s 3 contract was for 30gb at the end of the 24 months because we had been loyal customers for so long etc etc they gave her unlimited phone messages & data for £18 a month great but we spend 5 months of the year abroad when we go to check data usage ie the 19gb all it says is relax your unlimited then cuts you of at 19gb grrrrrrrrr

Not sure if the Vodaphone deal is still on I upgraded to the 100GB plan at £20/month, used it all tethering while in Spain/Portugal/France using iPlayer/ITVplaver etc with no problem, nether bothered with Wifi, 4G roaming was so much more reliable, these deals mentioned look like poor value for money considering unlimited calls and text also included. Hope the deal is still out there for you guys.

sorry guys that’s why the OP was such a good deal your paying £28 for 12gb that lasts 12 months
the with legs deal is £42 for 24gb that lasts 24 months

this also looks a good deal have to claim cashback each month but good saving for a couple of clicks22DD7717-799C-4569-9446-EF842B0CE1C3.png

Reactions: Rec

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back