Inverter help

Chebeag

Can anyone recommend a good Inverter. Bought a 2000w EDECOA a year ago and was fine when I got it but now spends most of its life beeping at me. No change to my set up, LED lights, USB sockets and 240 volt fridge. Checked batteries ok, checked Solar input ok. At my wits end.

You need one of our electric whizzes....Hope someone will be along soon. Meanwhile a search of recent threads brings up lots of inverter stuff!.

IMG_20210716_195033.jpg
I've just fitted this one. Good heavy & solid, digital readout is comprehensive & runs my fridge & Henry hoover together with no problems. Bought from Amazon. My buddy has the same make but slightly larger & has no issues either. Mine cost around £230
I'm currently running 200w of solar into 2x110ah leisure batteries.

View attachment 60471
I've just fitted this one. Good heavy & solid, digital readout is comprehensive & runs my fridge & Henry hoover together with no problems. Bought from Amazon. My buddy has the same make but slightly larger & has no issues either. Mine cost around £230
I'm currently running 200w of solar into 2x110ah leisure batteries.
Yeah mine is a 2000w but only cost about £80, I,m thinking that I got what I paid for :)

I started with a smaller, cheaper thing but found it would start bleeping soon as my fridge kicked in. My advice would be spend as much as you can manage & get a decent quality product, same goes for most things. My solar controller was a bit pricey for me, but its been great, & will handle more panels in future if I want to upgrade. Same with inverter, the more expensive one is by far a better product....

I started with a smaller, cheaper thing but found it would start bleeping soon as my fridge kicked in. My advice would be spend as much as you can manage & get a decent quality product, same goes for most things. My solar controller was a bit pricey for me, but its been great, & will handle more panels in future if I want to upgrade. Same with inverter, the more expensive one is by far a better product....
Yeah I was thinking that. Just trying to plough through the mire that is Amazon and find a good one ;-). What are you running?

A garage will usually only be able to perform a drop test on a battery,this is a good test for starter bas but means nothing for habitan battery’s. There are testers but don’t know where you would find someone with one unless you are somewhere Phil is at (admin).
Usually you would fully charge the battery(s) individually and leave a known current (headlight bulb) running so you can see what capacity it left. I killed three PowerFrame battery’s in 12 months by taking them too low although I have been using one as a starter battery for almost 12 months without problems. They wouldn’t run my hab side for a day though when I swapped them out.

Don’t go an change battery’s though, wait for some more advice 👍

I wouldn’t waste money replacing anything until you identify what’s potentially causing the issue.
Hopefully the Edecoa inverter is a pure sine wave version and not the less efficient modified sine wave type.

it is times like this when an inexpensive dvm can be really useful, better still one with a DC current clamp can also be a god send. It’s also well worth having a competent battery monitor in the van as well.

I am not a fan of split charging and always advocate as much solar as can be squeezed onto the roof!
My gut feeling is you need to verify the health of the batteries first. They may not be getting properly charged and or may no longer be holding a decent capacity.

if you don’t have a battery monitor this one has been fantastic in my van, does exactly what I need and is excellent value for money.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back