Inverter problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 6679
  • Start date
Use gas to cook and boil water for tea etc, 12v for tv not a mains unit, small inverters are ok for light duties but not really the thing for vans, I have a tiny 600w which in fact puts out just over 450w and runs a small 400w plug in heater at my wife feet until the van heater takes over, it also runs a small table top fridge with no bother.
Being picky here Trev, but maybe your thread could have started,
I use gas…..
It’s up to the individual how they use their facilities 👍

Need to be careful with victron too because they designate the model with a figure that most people automatically and understandably assume is watts but in fact is VA so watts rating is about 20% lower

I use gas…..
It’s up to the individual how they use their facilities 👍
Yes, some of us have full electric motorhomes powered entirely by solar panels - including induction cooktop, storage hot water and big Inverter fridges and microwaves and split system air conditioners

We have 2 x125 batts that are charged from solar .total separate from hab batts and system .We use a 2000/3000w inverter for microwave 800w toaster 600w hover 800w slow cooker. 80w. Hair dryer.
With no trouble ..tv lights pumps run from hab batts

I use gas
I use gas when off grid whenever I can because a 6kg bottle of gas holds 84kWh of energy, a 100Ah LiFePO4 battery holds only 1.3kWh of energy. My 2x14kg Alugas bottles can hold up to 392kWh I would need over 30,000Ah of battery to match that.

Need to be careful with victron too because they designate the model with a figure that most people automatically and understandably assume is watts but in fact is VA so watts rating is about 20% lower
I watch quite a few "van life" and camper build videos on YouTube and it is so frustrating when someone fits say a 12/3000/120 Victron Multiplus and says something like "and we have a 3000 watt inverter" when they actually have a 2400W inverter :(
And because they have a YouTube channel, people take what they say as gospel and then spread the inaccuracies. I occasionally drop the channel owner a note about it but don't generally bother as most of these people (but there are exceptions) will ignore anything other than fawnng praise.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back