Ireland from Stranraer

andyjanet

Sitting here looking wistfully at the ferries on loch Ryan, we have a month to kill before the Moffat music festival, I wonder how much the ferry is:
Penny’s short of 500 quid no thanks i will keep those pounds in the bank account

Didn't think is was that pricey so did a quote ... I get from under €300 return from Cairynryan (think Stranraer port is defunct now?)

(but I used my dimensions, not your behometh - probably makes a big difference!)

EDIT: changed to 12M long and 4M high (maximum selectable) - no difference in price

Last edited:
Didn't think is was that pricey so did a quote ... I get from under €300 return from Cairynryan (think Stranraer port is defunct now?)

(but I used my dimensions, not your behometh - probably makes a big difference!)

EDIT: changed to 12M long and 4M high (maximum selectable) - no difference in price
I input my dimensions with a dog and the mrs going this afternoon and returning first week of April £493 return ?

Same day sailing as booking bound to have price hike. Try going in a few days instead?

Nip up to Skye its well worth a week or so on there, I could have stopped a lot longer if Caz didn't have an appointment today. If you like single track roads there's loads to explore, you are a good bit bigger than me though so may not want those lol

It was going to be £117 to take ours (7.8mtre over to the Outer Hebrides from Uig, i was up for it but Caz wasn't :(

While I was in D&G last year I met a chap doing it the other way round, he’d just come across from Ireland in a PVC and I don’t think it was that expensive.

Trucker boat from warrenpoint goes to mainland and back,one free meal no kids or pets just over the £100 mark.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back