Iron

Jenrai

Hello, looking to buy an iron to use when on hook-up. What should I look for? Only something basic to get the wrinkles out of clothes but I dont want to trip the electrics everwhere I stop.

Thank you :)

The original flat irons were heated on a fire and now seem to be popular as door stops. Put one on the gas hob, no need to worry about tripping the electricity. :) (Feel free to ignore this suggestion in favour of more sensible advice).

We have one somewhere, but don't remember when it was last used :unsure: . Amazon list lots of them between 750w and 1100w LINK

My iron is still in the box I put it in to move house 8 years ago....

I use either the kettle or the teapot whichever is hot. Do put a muslin or tea towel between base and the clothes....never thought of a saucepan! The double skillet has even more uses!!

We bought ours when we first got our first van a good few years ago and it’s still in the box,it’s been moved around a bit from vans to caravan and back in the van we have now,

We have a 240v folding travel iron but we rarely use it, we try to buy clothes that don't need ironing, Maggy smooths the clothes out before drying and we probably don't know the people who notice a few wrinkles in my T shirt
That's a bonus of older age.....eyesight goes and you don't see the wrinkles, :D

Carry a household one for my knitting so I can iron the pieces before I stitch it up. Given how often this is (!), it will be on the full list when back home. A saucepan for me now.

We have a travel iron which does get used once or twice during our 3 months in Spain - only for my very creased linen trousers. Everything else is hand smoothed then folded

Have not seen a iron in nearly 40 years,about the last time i saw folks with shirts and collars,except for accountants and car sales men,both of which give me the willies.

If your using an iron on electric hookup just buy one in the supermarket or wilko it will cost about £5

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back