Is the worst temporary repair you have seen?

Proper professional job, it's obviously been on there for a long time so must work well, I'll have to find this guy and use him as my mechanic with that type of amazing work.

I agree, that cable tie really should be placed nearer the ends where the grips are more parallel to prevent the risk of it slipping off. And trim the end off for neatness.
exactly. I don't know what he was thinking putting the cable tie there!

I agree, that cable tie really should be placed nearer the ends where the grips are more parallel to prevent the risk of it slipping off. And trim the end off for neatness.
That was also my first thought.

But did it get them home safely?

(Back in the early sixties a track rod broke about a mile from home and I ran alongside the car kicking the wheel to run straight, whilst a girlfriend steered, and it got us home. 👍)

My Father in law was a very resourceful guy. He was working at Vauxhall in Luton, came out of work in the morning and his bottom wishbone, drivers side snapped. He ran to a phone box (around 1970, no mobiles!) and called my Mother in law who came to our house to get me. I took a carbon rod, battery operated brazing kits to him and he "welded" it back together. He then drove the 14 miles as if he had a new part on the car! I couldn't keep up with his PC Cresta in my Vauxhall Viva!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back