Is there anyone less efficient than Openreach?

British Teleconfusion and Openbreach both make a mockery of their titles as communications companies. Neither of them is the least bit able to communicate with their customers or each other.
Funnily enough we had another engineer visit today (still no decision on how to install the fibre cable!) and the guy was really chatty. He told us that BT and Openreach guys aren’t meant to talk directly to each other. Even guys from the different organisations who know each other and go out together socially are forbidden to talk about work!

I am with TalkTalk and they themselves are worse than useless.
Report a fault and then its passed to Openreach who prioritise my fault for three days down the line.

BT faults take priority over other companies in most cases.
I was told it is BT who own the network and infrastructure and Openreach who do the consumer end.
In the middle they employ contractors to do the ground work IE digging and laying cables.

Just recently I was without a landline.
It took these clowns seven weeks to re-join a cable three houses along from my front door that they had damaged earlier.
They had managed to chop through the cable when replacing one of the junction boxes on the grass verge.
This cable fed all the houses/phones at my end of the street.
However, if you had not reported a fault, you were not re-connected no matter who your supplier was.
My neighbour who never reported a fault was without a landline for a further couple of weeks.
The excuse being they have too many faults and not enough linesmen.
But they have enough to be able to send two or three out to the same fault.
Around the corner there lives an Openreach linesman who never seems to be working. His van is there almost 24/7.

A couple of months ago they erected telegraph poles all over the place (in the 21st century) for Fibre Optic.
Thats all they have done. Ugly telegraph poles just acting as perches for birds because they have not been cabled to houses.

Progress of sorts at last. Arrived home on Friday to find an Openreach engineer ambling around. He had been sent out to survey a trenching route from the base of our nearest pole (or “stick” as he called it) to our house. As he himself said it was a daft idea. It would need at least three sets of permissions as well as traffic management so we were looking at minimum 2 months away. He then looked at our roof, looked at the nearest “stick”, and said he’d come back the next day (Saturday) when he hoped it would be drier and do the job overhead by walking up our roof - which is exactly how the copper guys did it when our copper cable was taken out by an overheight tractor load 4 months back!
True to his word he completed the job on Saturday in a couple of hours. We now have fibre TO the premises. How long to wait for the next engineer to complete the fibre INSIDE the premises part is another matter!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back