ISOFIX

UFO

We have a 2009 Adria Twin PVC with two belted passenger seats, in addition to the driver and front passenger. We also have two grandchildren, 2 and 4 years old. It would be great to have them with us in the van but there are no ISOFIX points for the child seats. Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution. One photo shows the metal frame bolted to the van chassis (this is from when I had the water tank out to fix a leak), one shows the top of the frame and the other how the seat cushion sits on the frame.IMG_9939.JPG20210721_155243.jpg20210721_161731.jpg

Similar van, similar problem. Who ever comes up with a solution gets a bonus, thankyou.
Two for one. Double wammy init. 👍

Motorhomes are not good in accidents. Bailey carried out crash tests around 2012 when they entered the market and made many modifications to improve crashworthiness. These included modified chassis design and securing items such as fridges and cookers. There are a series of videos, this is the link to no.1 Link
Sorry that this does not help with the Isofix problem, but perhaps it’s worth realising that it is unlikely to be possible to get anything approaching car like safety in a motorhome.

Similar van, similar problem. Who ever comes up with a solution gets a bonus, thankyou.
Two for one. Double wammy init. 👍
Watched a YouTube video of a guy fitting one to a Ford Focus. It looks like a bar with the steel loops welded in place for isofix. Bolted in place into location points in the body. Shouldn’t be to difficult to drill and bolt into the lower bar on the seat belt frame.
I’ll let you fit it first 😬

a bar with the steel loops welded in place for isofix. Bolted in place into location points in the body
Yes, I fitted a similar ISOFIX bracket to my 2003 Mercedes - it was not standard at that time although the mounting hole and stud were there, using a Mercedes part.

There are 'universal' brackets on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=isofix...ix+bracket,aps,201&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_14 It would need some modification and the seat cushion being higher than the frame would not be ideal and the latch strap that comes over the back of the seat and fixes to the top of the car seat would not work on the soft campervan back cushions.

Fot understandable reasons I would want this to be a proper job using approved parts and fitting procedures, which probably don't exisit. I think some newer campervan models have ISOFIX as standard and it would be intersting to see how these are fitted.

That’s why I was happy to let you do this first. Hate the idea of being a trailblazer 😬

TBH Steve. I reckon that’s the only answer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back