Italy - east coast and southern

Carrerasax

Any video/blog footage spring of these parts as I am at early planning stage of autumn trip!!!

My account from Sicily across to the East coat and Northwards.
We use the toll road a lot.. Not expensive so worth it (IMO)
Details
1551407759484.png

We spent 6 months in Italy ... part of the east is flat and pretty uninteresting. Couldn’t even get to the coast as private beaches and no boardwalks. Gargano peninsula good. Plus the villages just south. Search on our blog clunegapyears.com

We spent 10 weeks in Italy last year, once you get used to the poor roads and rubbish, I think you'll really enjoyed it.

My top Italian tips are:

1. The hilltop villages are much more interesting than the beaches. I got this list of Italian Villages from a tourist information site and imported into google. Obviously we didn't go to them all, but we did visit or stay overnight in many. This link should take you there - Best Italian Villages

2. Take the ferry from Genoa to Palermo, do Sicily and take your time touring back north through the Italian mainland. The cost of the ferry is a lot more economical than driving (diesel and wear and tear) down and then back up.

The following link is the first in a series of blogs we wrote on Italy, you may find something interesting in there...Zuccarello, Italy

Safe Travels...M+P

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back