Jackery Solar Panel.

runnach

I purchased 1000 watt Explorer June 2022 along with one solar panel, today I went to charge up the box, nothing, panel not working, I put phone charge cable directly into the gizmo box fitted at rear pocket of panel to see if the long charge cable may be the issue, still not working. I’m sure I paid around £250 for a panel that has very little use since I purchased the explorer. There is a two year warranty, I’ll see how it goes when I get in touch with Jackery warranty team, I can tell you I am far from impressed. 🤬
IMG_5619.jpegIMG_5620.jpeg

Panel is not fixed Trev, unlike my biscuit tin which was ripped off!!
I have a small 30/40w panel in the loft not used, thinking of rigging it so able to put in the cab window facing south in deep winter.
They are eating me out of house and home, bought 5 packets of biccuits on monday, all gone. :(

They are eating me out of house and home, bought 5 packets of biccuits on monday, all gone. :(
Punish them by showing them our tea tonight, the last of Costco Peperoni Pizza and Crispy Crème Easter special donuts 🍩 😛😋🤪
IMG_5621.jpeg

I charge my Jackery direct from leisure batterys which in turn are charged from fixed solar panels on van roof so plug into hab system and charge them as you would when driving

Last edited:
Ripped of with the panel me lad, 100w fixed panels are under £100.
You’re mixing up fish and fowl here Trev. The panels Runnach is talking about are foldable panels that can be displayed or stored as required. The really important part is, when dropped, they don’t smash. Please don’t ask me how I know.

... The really important part is, when dropped, they don’t smash. Please don’t ask me how I know.
You must have got unlucky... I've had glass panels flung around the garden in high winds and never had a problem.

You must have got unlucky... I've had glass panels flung around the garden in high winds and never had a problem.
Garden equals grass?
Many Aires are on hard standing. Trust me.
I’m more than happy with the Bluetti 200w panels. And someone else has benefited from the power brick thingie.

If we are going out for a cycle and sunny out and pack needs a charge, I lay the panel on roof through hieke roof light, I think quicker than using cigarette cable charger?
Very likely but I read in post 1 that it wasn't working I've never had any extra solar only the 1 on the roof and a heavy cable coming right off the leisure battery to the Jackery charge lead which has always been topped up by late afternoon used to charge 2 ebike batterys

Very likely but I read in post 1 that it wasn't working I've never had any extra solar only the 1 on the roof and a heavy cable coming right off the leisure battery to the Jackery charge lead which has always been topped up by late afternoon used to charge 2 ebike batterys
I meant use original Jackery panel flat on roof going direct to unit.

Fortunately, and what I did not mention at post 1, last November during the various Black Friday deals, I bought another 100 watt Jackery panel, a fluke buy which has saved our trip and will enable us to continue keeping unit and bikes charged.

Garden equals grass?
Many Aires are on hard standing. Trust me.
I’m more than happy with the Bluetti 200w panels. And someone else has benefited from the power brick thingie.
Deb loves the power brick thingie for powering her hair dryer 👍

Solar Panel update. Jackery now satisfied panel has failed, after many emails, cumulating with final images of cable to power bank cut, along with product number etc, replacement under warranty panel being couriered to our address here in France.

Once replacement has arrived, I’ll be contacting Jackery to ask why a £200+ panel has failed after little use.

New panel arrived yesterday, works fine, for now. I emailed this morning to ask if replacement panel would have two year warranty from yesterday, nope, warranty is from original date of June 2022.

I can honestly say, the failed panel and power bank hasn't really seen much use at all since new, for a panel costing £235.00 with little use, and lasting approximate 20 month is very poor, and I will be telling Jackery this.

A really poor show.

Back