JigSaw (NOT the Power Tool version!)

wildebus

For anyone who likes Jigsaws, this is pretty fiendish and the picture I think was likely commisioned specifically for a jigsaw going by the colours and images.

Called "Camping chaos" and is a 1500 piece one, so pretty large. It is also a little 'naughty' so maybe not suitable for the younger camper ;) (I didn't notice that until I started to make it and was staring at the pieces o_O

IMG_20220505_092626_3.jpg

A bigger view of the picture.
IMG_20220505_092613_6.jpg

As mentioned, it is 1500 pieces and it is 100% complete and in good order. Photos below show it fully made up (had to split into left and right sides to fit on the jigsaw case thingy (not included, obviously).
WARNING: There may be random cat hairs on some pieces as the cat loves lying on jigsaws so anyone with a bad cat allegy may need to avoid :(
IMG_20220505_092542_7.jpgIMG_20220505_092557_4.jpg

If anyone would like this, asking for £6 donation to the Cats Protection League (cats.org.uk) and can take to the Kelso meet in July (or can be picked up from the Kelso area at any time), or can post at probably £3 extra (think it would be a Royal Mail Small Parcel?)

May we be considered for this please
Ta
Peter

May we be considered for this please
Ta
Peter
Of course.
Confirmed that the box is within Small Parcel size so would be the £3 postage unless being picked up :)

Go for it Peter, I've done that jigsaw and it's great fun. The manufacturer always includes two things in all of their puzzles:
- A cub scout patrol lead by a scout master.
- A shark fin.

More recently I been buying and donating Wasgij puzzles to/from charity shops as the solution is never the picture on the box, but what the outrageous characters are looking at.

I'll need to look out for those :)
Not sure which one to do next. I usually set it up at the dining room table and put an episode of Taggett on in the background to start it off!

Thanks to Peter for taking this Camping Chaos Jigsaw. The Cats will get their little bit of extra help 😻😽😺

Screenshot 2022-05-08 at 11-29-35 Thank you for your donation 😺 - dloveluc gmail com - Gmail.png

A very interesting picture when downloaded and zoomed in, artist seems to have a fixation on video cameras, but very well drawn, I'll look out for that one as Liz likes jigsaws, I prefer the leccy types.

I've got this puzzle. Jan van Haasteren is one of my favourite jigsaw puzzle artists.

I've got this puzzle. Jan van Haasteren is one of my favourite jigsaw puzzle artists.
I've not come across him before. searched and went to his website and there are some really fun looking ones, and going up to 5000 pieces! how big is that going to be to make!

I've not come across him before. searched and went to his website and there are some really fun looking ones, and going up to 5000 pieces! how big is that going to be to make!
Well the blessed thing arrived this morning and it's now spread over the dining table, but on the plus side I'm free to play on my 'puter.

Thank you so much for making my carer a happy lady.
Peter

I'm sat in the garden with a bottle of CDR listening to our pet blackbird whilst Sue is knee deep in bits of chopped bits of cardboard, in fact he has just dropped in together with a thrush too. Sometimes solitude is a nice place to be

You're right. There's something special about a quiet mild evening, with regular visitors at the feeders, and the scent of fresh blossom.

That simplicity is what life is really about. Enjoy it. 👍

Well the blessed thing arrived this morning and it's now spread over the dining table, but on the plus side I'm free to play on my 'puter.

Thank you so much for making my carer a happy lady.
Peter

Does your lady use a jigsaw puzzle board? I've got several but I really like the latest one I got from a member on a Facebook puzzling group (her husband makes them to order).

It is a tilting board, adjustable from flat to about 60 degrees and can be used in portrait or landscape orientation. It's covered with a felt material which stops the pieces slipping.

It means I can move the jigsaw puzzle off the table when we want to eat and you don't need to lean over so much when solving.

Yes normally, but this is a 1500 bits one and quite bit larger than the usual 1000 piece ones that she normally does, so the dining room table has to be it.

Yes normally, but this is a 1500 bits one and quite bit larger than the usual 1000 piece ones that she normally does, so the dining room table has to be it.
When doing this one, the "porta puzzle" (as I found it was called) was too small, so I made it in two halves (as per the photos) but I don't think I could close it without one side falling apart!
I was given a rollup puzzle cloth which came from Amazon which I have not really tried yet (well, I have a part-made one rolled up in it but not yet unfurled it again) but that could be a good option for the larger ones (mine goes up to 1500 pieces).

Well done Mrs oppy.

It's an 'interesting' jigsaw with complete disregard to safe caravanning spacing. But as always, it made me smile.

If you do feel like another type of challenge, then may I recommend Wasgij 4 'The Wasgij Games'. I bought it new, and after completing found that most people found it too complex because of the vast number of tiny ridiculous faces.

All our local charity shops tell me that Wasgij jigsaw puzzles sell out for a couple of quid faster than they can get them. Give it a go? 😁

Well done Mrs oppy.

It's an 'interesting' jigsaw with complete disregard to safe caravanning spacing. But as always, it made me smile.

If you do feel like another type of challenge, then may I recommend Wasgij 4 'The Wasgij Games'. I bought it new, and after completing found that most people found it too complex because of the vast number of tiny ridiculous faces.

All our local charity shops tell me that Wasgij jigsaw puzzles sell out for a couple of quid faster than they can get them. Give it a go? 😁
The 2nd word is OFF !!!!
Seriously though, thanks for a peaceful month, I owe you a drink

Very kind, young man. Mines an Auchentoshan or an original Bladnoch.

Without a teaspoon of water, of course.

🙂

Of course.
Confirmed that the box is within Small Parcel size so would be the £3 postage unless being picked up :)
Does your lady use a jigsaw puzzle board? I've got several but I really like the latest one I got from a member on a Facebook puzzling group (her husband makes them to order).

It is a tilting board, adjustable from flat to about 60 degrees and can be used in portrait or landscape orientation. It's covered with a felt material which stops the pieces slipping.

It means I can move the jigsaw puzzle off the table when we want to eat and you don't need to lean over so much when solving.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back