Just got her back engine check light

RCW

Free Member

Just got the transit
back.
Engine check light back on driving home?
I took it in to be fixed, they said it had been fixed.

I can’t understand this, no oil burn, no leaks , no loose wires…… going back tomorrow 🤬

ideas/help!?!?!

44C58C0C-0FA0-4947-8B6E-9FE7B5B7107B.jpeg

Difficult one to diagnose without plugging into the OBD port....
And mk6/mk7 transits operate a slightly different 'language' that most generic code readers won't read....

Took me about 4 tries to find one that worked on my Mk6 with Forscan.

I’m going to try disconnecting the battery and resetting all the fuses and then starting and stopping it four times in a row which I’m told might work , failing that it’s off to the garage 8 AM. It’s actually running fine it’s just I’m back in Romanian at the moment and I am looking at either heading off to Switzerland or Bulgaria in the next week so, Considering Switzerland Is just under 2000 km drive or Bansko about half of that I am planning on being in the mountains until the new year skiing and hiking, swimming, Paragliding.

friend of mine actually took it for a drive and put it through its paces a bit and said it’s absolutely fine but rather safe Than sorry. The engineer who I know who is a nice guy also said he test drove it and it worked perfectly fine in his opinion but I have paid to have it fixed so that’s what has to be done.

but if anybody has any ideas then I would love to hear them, the gas cap is secure the fuel isn’t contaminated , coolant level normal, oil ok etc, then again I have a friend who has a Ford focus Estate to have his check light on for the last two years lol

I’m going to try disconnecting the battery and resetting all the fuses and then starting and stopping it four times in a row which I’m told might work , failing that it’s off to the garage 8 AM. It’s actually running fine it’s just I’m back in Romanian at the moment and I am looking at either heading off to Switzerland or Bulgaria in the next week so, Considering Switzerland Is just under 2000 km drive or Bansko about half of that I am planning on being in the mountains until the new year skiing and hiking, swimming, Paragliding.

friend of mine actually took it for a drive and put it through its paces a bit and said it’s absolutely fine but rather safe Than sorry. The engineer who I know who is a nice guy also said he test drove it and it worked perfectly fine in his opinion but I have paid to have it fixed so that’s what has to be done.

but if anybody has any ideas then I would love to hear them, the gas cap is secure the fuel isn’t contaminated , coolant level normal, oil ok etc, then again I have a friend who has a Ford focus Estate to have his check light on for the last two years lol

Take the bulb out

Four hours at the garage today. Everything was going fine until about 20 km and the light came back on. The technician also test drove vehicle and said it’s perfectly safe to drive and it’s a sensor that’s the problem and that the computer report tester coming back fine clean engine is strong and it’s something I should not have to worry about until next service in February/MOT equivalent.

he said it being a older van he can’t get the part he wants for at least a couple of weeks so I will just keep a eye on the engine temperatures and general handling!

heading down to France is 3000 kilometers to do as I have elected to get the MOT done and that is for every two years/next being the beginning of February so I said might as well get it out the way now rather than worrying about it when I want to be skiing.

leaving on Saturday or Sunday we should be like pics to follow via Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany, France finally. I reckon that’s 4 days on the road

Have you tried giving it some welly for a period? Egrs have been known to clog and then unclog under welly. if you don't drive it like a delivery van would be driven (hard and fast!) then this can happen, gently cruising at low revs in high gears (like you do when motorhome touring) can cause this.

Hills !
I believe it is.better to be in a lower gear especially when climbing hills.
This is one way of "giving some welly".
One day of welly driving. Every so often as well.
Being in too high a gear does not always improve fuel consumption as the engine is not working efficiently (IMO)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back