Just had a call from my back to back colleague.

runnach

My friends stepfather has just died in Spain, not had Covid19 as far as they know, was sick before. Died Saturday night, funeral as we speak. Just his wife present. Family unable to go to support her :cry:
My condolences, not an easy time when a relation dies far from you with this current crisis :cry:

runnach

This is the ongoing dilemna in not testing everyone, and so many carers going in without enough ppe, and no idea if they are asymptomatic. So sad as the very vulnerable are ones who have care either at home or in care setting. So sad.!
I don't want to get hung up re; carers. my mate did say there appeared to be a lack of ppe, I assume and hope, carer/s have been tested?????

My mate and his family (2 kids) are in lockdown, same for his brother and his wife and kids. Mates says he has C19, I can also hear is not his usual self. I asked if he has been tested, he said no, I asked why? His words: " I don't think they have enough test kits and I was told because of my age (40) I will get over it/recover".

I think this is pretty shoddy, I didn't have the heart to mention the 16 year old healthy lass from near Paris, who died a few days ago due contracting C19.

Tezza33

A 55yr old Doctor has died from Covid-19 so it isn't just over 70's at risk
LeicestireLive said:
A 55-year-old doctor who caught coronavirus has died at Leicester's hospitals.

The Mirror reported that the ear nose and throat (ENT) consultant, Amged El-Hawrani, had been on the frontline in dealing with cases of the virus at Queen's Hospital Burton.

He died yesterday evening at Glenfield Hospital. He is the first hospital worker to be killed by Covid-19 in this country.

runnach

Just had a long blether with my colleague, who is isolating within one room of his house, while wife and children have their own space, I bet none off them have had it so good (wife & kids)

Pretty shit when you lose, in this case, a mum (fingers and knees crossed his dad pull through) and one is in lockdown, doubtful to be able to attend her funeral, really doesn't bare thinking about.

None of them have been tested, yet jug ears Charles along with Shergar, are tested and resulted within a day period!

We really need to cease subsidising the house of Heinz 57, we are certainly not "all in it together".

Time we the people, move towards abolishing the royalist system, they bleed us dry, while hiding in their stately piles suckiling on our hard worked blood........aka, TAX.

France and Russia do ok as visitor attractions without them on their once owned stately piles, sure we could too!

Rec

Unfortunately the government decided to go against the "test,test,test" advice from WHO. Rolling out tests now, too little too late. Care workers are definitely not tested even when they think they have symptoms, my daughter in law works in care home, had a fever then sore throat so was isolated leaving care home short of staff. No test for her ( or NHS staff, then either and if it wasn't the virus she could get symptoms again and repeat! They say that test will be rolled out to NHS now, and carers in the next few weeks....

RogHyde

I hope there is an official inquiry when this is all over into why so many people were allowed into the country from China and then Italy without quarantine, why sufficient safety equipment was not ordered back in January and why testing equipment was not ordered in January.
The cost has been in many lives - and it all seems common sense.

Jeanette

I hope there is an official inquiry when this is all over into why so many people were allowed into the country from China and then Italy without quarantine, why sufficient safety equipment was not ordered back in January and why testing equipment was not ordered in January.
The cost has been in many lives - and it all seems common sense.
As soon as this kicked off I said to Malcolm that we should just shut down

Rec

Love the way BJ is now saying testing is so important but when it was abandoned, it was not needed! Still cannot understand why we have on the spot, immediate results, tests here but UK still have to wait....

Cie

Spoke to our postman from 2m away the other day. He had no gloves, says other postal workers don’t either. There’s no cleaning down of the vans routine in place. Similarly have just watched an Asda delivery guy with no gloves dropping off food to the elderly couple next door who are shielding. Keep seeing volunteer charities in the news also dropping off food and medications without PPE and don’t start me on the food takeaway guy that came to my neighbours the other day. Am concerned these household to household delivery contact points could be spreading the virus, more so than carers who may have some better access to PPE. I’m spraying anything delivered with dettol and leaving for 72 hours before touching. Keep safe.

jason9876

Unless you change the gloves every time it will make no different as they just get contaminated , it make me laugh how people go around as normal but with gloves on thinking that will be fine.. They could be hand gelling inbetween.

Cie

Surely gloves would protect these workers somewhat - I am concerned for them too - though they wouldn’t stop moving the virus from surface to surface if not changed after each use. I agree hand gel, disinfectant etc. should be used but availability is awful. I saw numerous sellers on EBay had Dettol for about £12 instead of the couple of quid they should cost. My point is that the deliveries are going from door to door without protection so anything you receive should be disinfected and left for 72 hours (guidance that was suggested at some point as the virus remains on surfaces), as this original thread started with questioning how someone could get the virus when they hadn’t gone out. How many people still pick up their post without thinking, or unpack their groceries delivery straightaway without wiping items down?

Last edited:

Rec

They don't need PPE to drop things off, but the recipient needs to sanitise any external packaging especially, before it comes into their house. Gloves just give people a false sense of security, as they touch their clothes, face, other materials so have a potential nice concentration of virus to transfer. Removing PPE is a real minefield which, unless aware, just ensures you get a good dose of contaminants. Same with masks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)