Keep getting a sinking feeling, can you help?

Lemut

Free Member

Hi Gents,
I'm trying to avoid springs and cogs pinging all over the place Could anyone give me an idea what I need to do to get my table to lock at a height and stop it slowly lowering when even a modest weight is applied?
It was fitted as standard in a Burstner 727G and forms the bed base in its lowest position.
The fitting in the photo should lock the three section column between its full height position and its lowest. As it is, no position can be firmly maintained and the column wiil even rise slightly when being at its lowest as a bed base.
Thankyou for any clean suggestion you can offer.

Resizer_16648904721341.jpg Resizer_16648893589321.jpg

Hi Gents,
I'm trying to avoid springs and cogs pinging all over the place Could anyone give me an idea what I need to do to get my table to lock at a height and stop it slowly lowering when even a modest weight is applied?
It was fitted as standard in a Burstner 727G and forms the bed base in its lowest position.
The fitting in the photo should lock the three section column between its full height position and its lowest. As it is, no position can be firmly maintained and the column wiil even rise slightly when being at its lowest as a bed base.
Thankyou for any clean suggestion you can offer.

View attachment 64585 View attachment 64587
The Burstner Manual says that the lever in your first picture should be rotated 180 degrees to lock it. That suggests that the lever is in the open position and will depress when weight is applied. The lever in your 2nd photo is also in the open position, allowing the table to slide backwards/forwards and side to side, as well as rotating via the footplate at the base [which may be quite stiff! My was damn near seizes solid]

Steve

Thanks Steve. Just tried it again and, I don't believe it, its holding. Did you know you did telepathic maintenance?
Thanks again,
Graham
I knew you were going to ask me that ... :D. My pleasure, Graham, it's the first technical question I've answered on the Forum, so I shall remember the moment! We have a slightly different style of lock on our table, which is far too big for the 5.99m Ixeo, so, egged on by David of Wildebus last week, we removed it, So much more usable space now

Steve

Hi Steve,
Fully agree, the table as it is, is too big. The problem I have with removing it is its part of the bed base. That said, that would only be an issue at sale time.
If you don't mind me asking, what have you gone for?
Thanks again Steve.
Graham

Hi Steve,
Fully agree, the table as it is, is too big. The problem I have with removing it is its part of the bed base. That said, that would only be an issue at sale time.
If you don't mind me asking, what have you gone for?
Thanks again Steve.
Graham
Hi Graham,

The table was only there to enable Burstner to claim that the Ixeo is a 4 berth, using the bed to bridge the dining seating corridor. In fact, the leather upholstery upgrade which became a standard feature for 2016, I believe, sits higher than the cloth version so the lower bed is more like a ploughed field! At the moment we have a Leclerc Supermarket folding camping table [€38 freestanding],but we may buy an Outwell version. Having 1 table for both indoor and outdoor use saves space and payload!

Steve

Hi Graham,

The table was only there to enable Burstner to claim that the Ixeo is a 4 berth, using the bed to bridge the dining seating corridor. In fact, the leather upholstery upgrade which became a standard feature for 2016, I believe, sits higher than the cloth version so the lower bed is more like a ploughed field! At the moment we have a Leclerc Supermarket folding camping table [€38 freestanding],but we may buy an Outwell version. Having 1 table for both indoor and outdoor use saves space and payload!

Steve
Hi Steve,

Could I ask for your help again please? I decided to remove the table and although the top growth cam off ok, the roots are proving to be an issue.

I've removed the four big bolts but the base is still solid and I can't see why. Have Burstner used so sneaky adhesive or am I missing something. Do you have any suggestions to help me get this plate off please?

Thank Steve.

Grahajm

TableRoot1.jpg

Hi Steve,

Could I ask for your help again please? I decided to remove the table and although the top growth cam off ok, the roots are proving to be an issue.

I've removed the four big bolts but the base is still solid and I can't see why. Have Burstner used so sneaky adhesive or am I missing something. Do you have any suggestions to help me get this plate off please?

Thank Steve.

Grahajm

View attachment 64660
Hi Graham,

Yes, Burstner had used a slack handful of adhesive on our Table base. I couldn't shift it when I tried to remove it in France, so I put the screws back in carefully, in case there was any cable or pipes in the void. About 4 weeks later, arrived at David of Wildebus for Inverter fitting and tried to remove the Table, undid the 4 screws and it damn near fell over! Scottish road surfaces and my glass screwdrivers worked wonders ... :rolleyes:

Steve
Seating after Table Removal.jpg

Hi Steve and thank you for the information.
I did try a couple of sharp smacks on the side of the base with my number 1 adjusting tool- no joy. However, based on what you found I think I going to need to try and leaver it up rather than going for a sheer through the adhesive. I just hope the floor covering does not lift if I can exert enough force.
Cheers Steve.
Graham

Hi Steve and thank you for the information.
I did try a couple of sharp smacks on the side of the base with my number 1 adjusting tool- no joy. However, based on what you found I think I going to need to try and leaver it up rather than going for a sheer through the adhesive. I just hope the floor covering does not lift if I can exert enough force.
Cheers Steve.
Graham
Maybe warming it up with a hairdryer will soften the adhesive enough for you to get it moving with a lever.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back