L2 van size on Eurotunnel?

ActiveCampers

Always thought the ducato/relay/boxer L2 vans were 5.4m - but see they are actually 5413mm - so 13mm over the 5.4
Eurotunnel has a price point for campervan length at 5.4m

So does the L2 get through on the lower length?

(also have tow hook and step, but for the price difference I'd take it off lol

I use frequent traveller and there is only one motorhome supplement regardless of the length. Sorry but I don’t know about a single crossing price. Why don’t you go through a booking form using both lengths, after the first price quote clear cookies and try the next length

I use frequent traveller and there is only one motorhome supplement regardless of the length. Sorry but I don’t know about a single crossing price. Why don’t you go through a booking form using both lengths, after the first price quote clear cookies and try the next length
I have, there is a £50 difference - its <=5.4m and >5.4m-8m.
No frequent traveller tickets being sold at the moment.

Never knew there were different prices for different length motorhomes. We’ve had different vehicles on frequent traveller crossings and the prices have always been the same ( after allowing for normal yearly price rises), from a 7 metre motorhome to a 10 metre RV
But, on Eurotunnel’s website, they ask you to give approximate length and height of the vehicle so they can allocate the correct space for you, so I doubt they would be worried about a few cm.

Always thought the ducato/relay/boxer L2 vans were 5.4m - but see they are actually 5413mm - so 13mm over the 5.4
Eurotunnel has a price point for campervan length at 5.4m

So does the L2 get through on the lower length?

(also have tow hook and step, but for the price difference I'd take it off lol
Nobody gets measured before you take the tunnel so just wing it at 5.4m booking size.

Never knew there were different prices for different length motorhomes. We’ve had different vehicles on frequent traveller crossings and the prices have always been the same ( after allowing for normal yearly price rises), from a 7 metre motorhome to a 10 metre RV
But, on Eurotunnel’s website, they ask you to give approximate length and height of the vehicle so they can allocate the correct space for you, so I doubt they would be worried about a few cm.
Yeah we always booked 7 to 10 meter and as you say I'm sure it's just to make sure they can allocate the right space. Could be a bit messy if they tried to get us on a double decker lol.

I would wing it too. We always go by tunnel and I have never come across any visible issues (nor internet chat) regarding this. If you were really taking the p1ss with your length then maybe think about it, but for 13mm...no problems.

If you get pulled (unlikely) then just cough up the extra and plead ignorance.

, Your springs drop more than that when you walk to the back or front . 13 mm is half an inch are you really bothered? The height of the van is brand new unloaded in the factory when they used the first model for dimensions not real life . The length probably includes the door handle with the key in it

We always book our L2 van on the 5.4 m slot. Never had a problem. As it is 5.4 and the next category is 5.5m - 8m

I agree, nobody will notice 13mm. Never seen anyone checking heights, or even lengths come to think of it. If the worse came to the worst, you could let your tyres down a fraction, but I don’t think it would come to that.
If you’re planning a trip to the foreign, the chances are you will carry everything needed, therefor your springs will lower 13mm at least, don’t worry about it!

I agree, nobody will notice 13mm. Never seen anyone checking heights, or even lengths come to think of it. If the worse came to the worst, you could let your tyres down a fraction, but I don’t think it would come to that.
If you’re planning a trip to the foreign, the chances are you will carry everything needed, therefor your springs will lower 13mm at least, don’t worry about it!
You must have a tall van Rog 😆😉 > <?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back