Le Shuttle...

Vanterrier

Looks like I will need to use Le Shuttle to cross to France in September so I can use Tesco Clubcard points to pay towards the fare. I will have around £55 worth by July so if I understand it correctly that's £165 towards the £210 return fare? Cannot argue with that.
Has anyone done this recently? Is it straight forward to do? Can it be done on line as my poor hearing makes phone calls a nightmare.
Any tips, pointers or do's and don'ts advice appreciated.

And of course, how was the crossing?

It must be ten years since we last crossed to the continent.
K ;)

it is indeed much simpler online now ( no hard copy vouchers) very straightforward experience

You can only go 2 weeks (or more) after booking.
Very easy. Only issue is we had to phone EuroT and it is a premium rate call.....but your still "quids in"
Maybe can do that on-line

Did mine a few week ago and had £210 in vouchers. If you have a dog you have to pay that by card. All very easy. Go on website first to get best prices as they can vary between 90 up to 180 for each leg. Then ring up. Get Booking Reference then go on line again to add your API. Love shuttle - so easy and you can park up at Eurocity for the night if arriving late.

Looks like I will need to use Le Shuttle to cross to France in September so I can use Tesco Clubcard points to pay towards the fare. I will have around £55 worth by July so if I understand it correctly that's £165 towards the £210 return fare? Cannot argue with that.
Has anyone done this recently? Is it straight forward to do? Can it be done on line as my poor hearing makes phone calls a nightmare.

K ;)
Have a great time!!
We used the tunnel for the first time last year and had a great experience. My husband is disabled and we were also taking the dog, so I was a bit apprehensive as any hiccups would have to be managed by me. The staff were great and although we had a booked time to travel, there is flexibility if you are a bit early and there’s space. Sooooo easy! Tip: take lidded mugs and you can make a cup of tea/coffee before you board (gas MUST be disconnected before boarding) and you can have a nice cuppa on you 35min trip.

Gas turned off (not disconnected) before boarding

Or have they changed

No just turned off, on our outward trip in June they just took my word for it and didn’t do a visual check. Last week they did a visual check on our return.

I have an under slung gasit LPG tank. Will I need to turn the gas off at the valve on the tank, necessitating crawling under the van, or just at the isolator valve next to he regulator in the kitchen cupboard?

K ;)

I have an under slung gasit LPG tank. Will I need to turn the gas off at the valve on the tank, necessitating crawling under the van, or just at the isolator valve next to he regulator in the kitchen cupboard?

K ;)

We have a under slung tank too, we just turn the isolator valves off, and they have always been happy with that

K ;)
Very easy
1. Online to Tesco vouchers and enter voucher no’s you wish to use.
2. Tesco will email voucher number for you to use when booking journey.
3. As using Tesco vouchers you have to phone euro tunnel to book journey. Have details of vehicle eg reg no etc., date and time you wish to travel and return. I usually go to euro tunnel site and decide whIch time I want to travel before booking. Eurotunnel will send confirmation of journey by email. Check details carefully. You have to complete an API which is information of names people travelling and passport details.
4. All done. This journey can be used within 12 months. Have Just booked journey for Sept 2019. Had to change journey last year and no problem
5. Very easy at Folkestone, vehicle reg recognised and just confirm details on screen by side of vehicle and then wait for shuttle time.

K ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back