leaky aerial

wilfyboy@hotmail.com

i have water dripping from the inside of my aerial post on inside of motorhome when it is retracted. water seems to drip from base down of post from coax cable and winder mechanism. any suggestion how to fix would be great thanks.
ace airstrem on fiat ducatto base 2007.

Think this may be the Status type raise/lower tv aerials Trev

i have water dripping from the inside of my aerial post on inside of motorhome when it is retracted. water seems to drip from base down of post from coax cable and winder mechanism. any suggestion how to fix would be great thanks.
ace airstrem on fiat ducatto base 2007.
thanks for all replies will have to wait for good weather to strip it down and investigate. will let you know what it is when done.
thanks again to all

I had a leak on my status aerial and it wasnt the roof seal or the o ring what it was was the seal round the edges of the antenna itself when driving it was vibrating open and in the rain water was going into the aerial case filling up and then coming down the tube replaced the new antenna and solved the problem have a look at that mate

I had a leak on my status aerial and it wasnt the roof seal or the o ring what it was was the seal round the edges of the antenna itself when driving it was vibrating open and in the rain water was going into the aerial case filling up and then coming down the tube replaced the new antenna and solved the problem have a look at that mate
Yes that was what was described in the link to the caravan club guy in me reply above - he describes it exactly as you do. His case has split and he managed to reseal the two halves but I would suggest if a permanent fix is required a new aerial through existing hole as you suggest.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back