leaky solar panel wiring

baden87

hi I could do with a dig out to help seal where cable goes through gland into motorhome through roof

Ye I got one of these but the water is getting past it when level and water standing on roof

remove and reseal .getting plenty of sealer round the cables or relocate to a higher part of the roof , repair original holes .

I’ve done that can’t work out where it’s coming in and only when there’s water standing on the roof

Water may well trave a bit before it becomes visible especially when travellingl

Or where the roof meets the sidewalls.
Having has a water problem I use a combination of Captain Tolley and
I "painted this" on the roof by and on the seams about 3inches wide.
And on the join between the hab roof and the cab roof
Our roof is similarly flat !
The product is clear and you can see it has been done (just) but it is out of sight.
Nothing worse than a leak
BTW we appear to have survived the latest downpours

Hi
It’s definitely the cable I’m sure because it’s running down the solar cables inside the motorhome ,but if it is parked nose down , like when it’s on the drive , dry as a bone

Could you unscrew the cable glands were the cables fit and fill the cover with silicon sealer (under pressure with a sealer gun ) then replace the cable cover nuts ,I say silicon sealer as it is thin and runny and easy to remove if it dose not work ??

That's why I don't go to Wales anymore... too many leeks...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back