Learning to play the Ukulele

Admin

Administator

I have decided to start playing the Ukulele. I have purchased a secondhand Ukulele from eBay and hopefully my time playing guitar will speed up the learning curve.

I have to say that I just love the instrument!

Reactions: Tes
I seem to remember at a WC meet some members were moaning about a couple who were rather good on their ukes, so perhaps you should stay in the closet !!!!
I've got 3 of them and I'm just as crap as I am on the bass

I have heard there is a town not many miles from me that has a Ukulele weekend , I will do some investigating and maybe look at a weekend meet

I’ve got one and no I can’t play but it looks pretty lol

Does this mean we can start to adapt some banjo player jokes .....................

One day a bunch of terrorists hijacked a plane full of uke players who were on their way to a uke convention.

The terrorists told authorities that unless their demands were met they would start releasing the uke players.

I got one a year ago but have so far made no progress. That Bohemian Rhapsody is amazing.

Caz has got an electric Uke we keep in the van (without an amp ha ha) lovely sound from it but neither of us can play it

You look a bit different in your Avatar Oppy :D :D

I did fancy a banjo once, but didn't find one I could afford, the nation is grateful.

You look a bit different in your Avatar Oppy :D:D

I did fancy a banjo once, but didn't find one I could afford, the nation is grateful.
I have a banjo PB but not in the van, just my mandolin in the van. I could play a couple of songs but with not picking it up for ages have forgotten again and fingers soft. Should put banjo in instead it might encourage me when I see it

I just love the sound that comes out of them, I like this guy too, he has banjos made from all kinds of stuff, plenty more on YT

Thanks Geoff, I enjoyed that, not sure about this from the same person, probably at the same event.

I started to learn to play the Five string Banjo, but I have had to take a rest due to a long term shoulder injury. It would certainly be interesting to have music round the fire pits!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back