LED upgrade

alwaysared

I'm in the process of replacing all of the interior light bulbs in my Hymer with LEDs and luckily all of them are the G4 type so that was easy 😀 The problem I'm having is the flourescent tube in the light above the sink and cooker, it currently has Sylvnia FHE21W/T5/830 tube in it and I just can't find an LED to replace it 😞 I'm not even sure what voltage it is because a Google search brings up lots of shops selling this particular tube and most don't give the voltage, one said 240v and another said 126 volt and Amazon says 123 volt 😧 So has anyone on here replaced this tube with an LED or do I just need get a cuttable strip and wire it to 12 volts? As usual any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Del

I'm in the process of replacing all of the interior light bulbs in my Hymer with LEDs and luckily all of them are the G4 type so that was easy 😀 The problem I'm having is the flourescent tube in the light above the sink and cooker, it currently has Sylvnia FHE21W/T5/830 tube in it and I just can't find an LED to replace it 😞 I'm not even sure what voltage it is because a Google search brings up lots of shops selling this particular tube and most don't give the voltage, one said 240v and another said 126 volt and Amazon says 123 volt 😧 So has anyone on here replaced this tube with an LED or do I just need get a cuttable strip and wire it to 12 volts? As usual any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Del
Is this any good ? I replaced my fluorescent tube with this. https://www.justkampers.com/18-led-aluminium-swivel-light-12v.html They do longer ones too. They have about 12 inches of + - wires although that isn't shown in the images.

Why not remove the original fitting and replace it with one of the led underlights on eBay.
From experience if you use them in the kitchen area white less work better than warm white.

Regards,
Del
I think the LED Strip that you cut to length would be a good and very cost-effective option :)
(I would mention just in case that the typical "RGB" strips do NOT make white if you have Red, Green and Blue all on - they will just give you Red, Green and Blue alternating lights in a row)

I think the LED Strip that you cut to length would be a good and very cost-effective option :)
(I would mention just in case that the typical "RGB" strips do NOT make white if you have Red, Green and Blue all on - they will just give you Red, Green and Blue alternating lights in a row)
I was thinking of something like this

Regards,
Del

Looks good to me :) Saves a lot of hassle changing fittings as well, which is good if you like the look of the fitting itself.
Yes the fitting is the problem, it also houses the extracter fan which is a pain but I'll just have to do what ever needs to be done

Regards,
Del

In the galley of my Hobby, I had an Osram 530mm fluorescent tube that is shown on the Internet as operating on 230V; there was a converter wired in that did not indicate to what it converted and that I could not find using a Google search on various references printed on it. I removed the tube and converter and replaced with
https://online-leds.com/led-bulbs-38/led-tube-high-brighntness-500mm/high-brightness-12v-led-tube-500mm-cool-white.html
wired directly to the 12v supply.
I was fortunate, in that this length appears to be quite common. If you can't get away with a 500mm and don't want to go for two tubes (other suppliers on eBay also do in the order of 300mm for example
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5X-20-30-50CM-SMD-5630-12V-LED-Under-Cabinet-Strip-Lights-Rigid-Hard-Bars-Tube/202765663614?hash=item2f35c67d7e:m:mvhQARJ8eDdwMX6OrDD_8gA&var=502907070322
) you might consider strips such as
https://online-leds.com/led-strip-lights-76/plug-play-led-strip-light-kits-high-brightness.html
, particularly if you have any use for the rest of the strip.

Just a quick update, I went with the stick LED strip, I used around 900mm of the LED strip and wired it direct to 12v that was feeding the little inverter and it's working a treat 😀 Thank you all for your advice.

Regards,
Del

I have fitted these for folk inside the old lamp unit,we bit of work but good job and cheap,2 bucks.strip lights.jpgflosy b.jpgflosy a.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back