Leisure Batteries

Piffsmiff

Hi advice on a second battery .
Do I need to buy the same as my original or can I buy any on the market .
Regards Pete

we started using the new style silver stop start batteries after reading a few reviews and have not been dissapointed, there is less choice of manufacturers (Bosch or Varta)
I read the article here but it has been updated since I read it battery technology, all I can say I haven't had any issues or concerns with my Varta silver technology batteries
cheers
Dave

Regards Pete

Hi, My advice would be to purchase the same battery, batteries with the same amp Hrs. It's important to match them like for like

Make sure the older battery has the same state of charge as the new battery IE.. the same voltage, that way they will charge at the same rate and live longer.

Charge them using the Positive from one battery and the Negative from the other, this makes them one battery.

..Hope this was helpful. 👍🏻

You could by a cheap battery of the same size ,when they fail you won't have lost much ,, I did they are now in their third year .first signs of failure I will replace with 2 varta . ?? Getting more tempted to go lithiam,

You could by a cheap battery of the same size ,when they fail you won't have lost much ,, I did they are now in their third year .first signs of failure I will replace with 2 varta . ?? Getting more tempted to go lithiam,
Stick with the varta and or add an extra one which will give you a longer run of power,lithiam in my head is not worth the extra money.

Regards Pete
My new van came with a 70A/h leisure battery . Thought about buying 2 x 120A/h .
Instead went for cheap 70A/h . After 6 months , basically summertime , all ok .
Will , if having power problems or batteries start failing , upgrade to more power

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back