Leisure batteries.

andromeda

Please can someobe give me an idea of how much it is reasonable to pay for 2 110 gel batteries? I'm informed mine are on their way out. Would one big battery be better than the two?
Also dies anyone know a good place to get them? The guy who does work on my van says they use a marine place in Tewksbury. Not to put myself down but sometimes the grey hair and female staus has meant a rip off gets attempted.
Thanks

2 batteries are often better than 1 big one. It is also usually much easier (=cheaper) to put 2 new ones in where two old ones used to be rather than adapting for one bigger one.

ballpark figure .... depends on quality, but probably around £350 and should be no more than £400 (plus fitting costs)

where to buy? Alpha Batteries are well priced and you get a discount (5%? 7%?) off their prices as a forum member. need to match physical size to make sure new ones fit (length and width usually important. height often can be).

Most members use Alpha batteries, forum members get a discount and they have a good range of all types of batteries.
If you go for 2 batteries if one fails and you catch it early before it effects the 2nd battery you will not be stuck without power which would be the case with a single battery.
The advantage of a single battery would be usually cheaper versus 2 batteries of the same amps and less wiring. Don’t forget a single battery of 200 amps or more will be extremely heavy !
I have more or less repeated what wildebus posted lol, didn’t see his post.

Is your charger able to cope with charging GEL batteries ?

Grrrrrrr. One of those days. Ants in the bath, snow sun frisky robbins hitting the French windows, mosquitos. Now wrong batteries. Beam me up Scotty I want to go home

Aren't they. He said AGM gel batteries. Confused. Might explain their price. Will they do or should i cancel order?
AGM and GEL are pretty comparible in price. have you a link to the batteries you bought? (there is one GEL battery listed on Alpha which has AGM as part of the URL (internet address) and that has created some confusion in the past. In that case it IS a GEL battery and not AGM).
PS. AGM Batteries are good anyway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back