LEISURE BATTERY DRAIN

Billieblue

Hi all, I’m sure there’s a logical answer to this and someone out there knows what it is. During the day, with the help of a solar panel, my LB shows up to 14.5. At night with lights and using 12v for iPad and phone it goes down to 12.5. However, during the night it goes down to 8 something. By the time I look again in the morning it’s back up to 12 something then eventually goes up to 14 something. The battery is a couple of years old and I’m going to replace when home but I just want to know why it goes so low when nothing being used ... could it be temperature or is it just frightened of the dark? 😊

It was a good brand - I don’t stint on batteries and I know I’ll need a new one. I’m just curious as to why it goes so low in the night when nothing is being used ...

Carol once the battery is duff it will loose charge on its own , however when your solar panel kicks in as soon as it gets light it will charge up , but on a duff battery this can also show the battery as fully charged when it is not , if that makes any sense :eek::confused::unsure:
Yes, it does. I know I’ll need a new battery but it’s ok for what I need at the moment if I restrict lights etc. Not going to be much good when I get to northern/inland Spain when I need heating though 😩

Charge phone and IPad whist on the move with the Engine rubbing

Alf
If your engine is rubbing, this could cause problems. Better to do it when your engine is running 🤪
Sorry! Couldn’t resist it. Isn’t productive 😂 text a pain.

More like big fingers on a mobile,out for day on NY Moors beautiful clear day
Alf

If your engine is rubbing, this could cause problems. Better to do it when your engine is running 🤪
Sorry! Couldn’t resist it. Isn’t productive 😂 text a pain.

The original LB fitted to 'Millie' had started to loose charge even when there was no load on it, so I took it out of the system/circuit and left it wired up to a recycling battery charger for a few days and now once again it is holding its' charge. I did the very same some time ago to the battery fitted to my classic car and got exactly the same result.

So @Billieblue it might be worth giving this a try.

The original LB fitted to 'Millie' had started to loose charge even when there was no load on it, so I took it out of the system/circuit and left it wired up to a recycling battery charger for a few days and now once again it is holding its' charge. I did the very same some time ago to the battery fitted to my classic car and got exactly the same result.

So @Billieblue it might be worth giving this a try.
I can’t even get to my battery without help as it’s under the driver’s seat which has to be taken out. I’m on the road at the moment so a bit difficult anyway.

Where are you Carol..
?
Xx

You could try disconnecting the positive feed from your solar, one night, the solar panels have a diode to stop reverse current flow when not charging, if the diode fails it may drain your habitation battery, its an alternative line of investigation to maybe just a tired habitation battery..

You could try disconnecting the positive feed from your solar, one night, the solar panels have a diode to stop reverse current flow when not charging, if the diode fails it may drain your habitation battery, its an alternative line of investigation to maybe just a tired habitation battery..
I gave the same advice to a member a few years ago and it was a failed diode, as you say disconnecting the positive feed (there should be a fuse) will confirm it

This was the thread, it was a very similar problem

Last edited:
Failing all of the info above, perhaps just use the guarantee

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back