LEZ in Scandinavia

davidhow

Hi again, I've been reading up a little and got myself confused (again) ! My camper is a converted ambulance ( Merc sprinter 515 (5 tonne)), it says anything over 3.5 t cannot go into LEZ areas. Policing is by means of 'stop and check' . Shall I risk it and NOT buy the sticker , as it doesn't look like a 5t vehicle anymore, also the engine is only 2.1L. ( I know that's being knieve as it says 5t on log book)but what's the likelihood of getting stopped ?
Am I worrying over nothing as we have bicycles for Touring the towns anyway ? Therefore is it likely that I can stay out of these LEZ's ?. Any advice greatly appreciated

If the fine is not payable on the spot and you are not intending to visit the country again in the same vheicle there is no problem even if you get caught by the greens.

Can you generalise accross all the Scandinavian countries? Especially Norway which is not in the EU.

From a quick look Norway and Sweden use ANPR but Denmark is stop and check. I have a feeling that some countries also have access to our DVLA database.

Does not matter if they have access to dvla data base the offence is not covered by the cross border directive so not enforcable do you think european drivers pay london LEZ fines

TFL use a European debt recovery agency, no idea how effective this is or whether there are reverse arrangements. I prefer to pay my debts and if I don’t like the cost I do something else.

Tfl euopean dept recovery have no backing in any european courts they try to frighten people into paying exorbitant charges tried to get 1200euos for one incursion into LEZ when he missed a turning and no he did not pay

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back