Li-po power pack advice

mikewroe

Looking to purchase a power pack, budget around £500-700.
Have seen a PPT 450+ which ticks all the boxes. As I have never heard of this make or come to that any make is there one to advise or even keep clear of?
Many thanks

Costco are doing a great deal on the ECOFLOW Delta 1260. It looks othe biz for the money

IMG_0085.jpeg

That ones nearer his budget of £700 the other one is close on £1100. I don't know anything about these things I was just looking at the price and Costco give a five year warranty with electric stuff. Maybe the Jackery twins could bail me oot here Terry Gordon where are you when I need you.😁

Bluetti and more recently Ecoflow have launched some power packs with LiFePO4 batteries. Most of the others were using other types of Lithium cells last time I looked. As far as I am concerned LiFePO4 is the most important requirement. Those manufacturers that use the generic term Li-ion (which covers all types of Li cells) are probably hiding that their power pack does not have the safer LiFePO4 cells.

We have a Bluetti Lifepo4 from Hampshire Generators costs around £650. its a EB70. ( about 700watts) We use it to emergency charge our leisure battery via the mains hookup or boil a kettle with water for 2 people 7 times. It’s not too heavy and has a flat top and carry handle. We love it

Thanks everyone, after a crash course in Lithium battery types it will have to be the Lifepo2 type.
While looking at various models the retailers are not always clear as to the inverter type. Please can someone remind me of the disadvantages of the modified sine wave type? I recall induction chargers may not work but is that all?

You are approaching this the wrong way. Start with the problem and find a solution.

You are starting with two solutions and asking which problems each addresses.

Why do you want a power pack? What will you use it for? The answers to those questions will help identify the best sort to buy.

If you dare check out u tube videos , inundated with ecoflow videos , ell new eco flow has 5 year warranty , sent mine back after 2 weeks still not resolved .

I,f this helps , blueti 70 won't run a microwave , ecofLow delta 2 will ,1800 w inverta , .modified signe wave inverta not recommended for things like electronics, laptop's ,don't forget you may need extra solar to top up

Last edited:
modified signe wave inverta not recommended for things like electronics, laptop's
Also may not run A/C motors as efficiently as a pure sine wave and could possibly cause some overheating as well.

If you dare check out u tube videos , inundated with ecoflow videos , ell new eco flow has 5 year warranty , sent mine back after 2 weeks still not resolved .
Is that the one you had at the Cottage of Content Baz? I assume it is.

Funny how a lot are spouting about the new EcoFlow Glacier fridge freezer lately eh Baz, think it could have something to do with being given them you think lol

Funny how a lot are spouting about the new EcoFlow Glacier fridge freezer lately eh Baz, think it could have something to do with being given them you think lol
Same with a heap of those power pack type things ...
Tiktok/YouTube was awash with them at one point ...any 'vanlifer' with more than about 10 posts must've been given one to spout about ....

Cheap advertising of the Emporers new clothes springs to mind .

That ones nearer his budget of £700 the other one is close on £1100. I don't know anything about these things I was just looking at the price and Costco give a five year warranty with electric stuff. Maybe the Jackery twins could bail me oot here Terry Gordon where are you when I need you.😁
Older tech but a good deal ,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back