LiFePO4 Battery 100Ah 12.8V 1280Wh Price Dropped

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

This looks a good price for anyone wanting to go lithium , it was originally £550

Just noticed that the seller is in Poland, so there may be additional import costs, The sellers e bay name finishes with UK....a bit naughty I think,

This area is bit confusing with regards to what charges are made.
They say that prices are shown inclusive of VAT, but they also say they are required to collect VAT on certain orders (and this battery would fall into the "certain orders" category - item is located in the UK, but the seller is not a UK seller).
So do they take off the VAT amount of the price shown in the listing and forward the rest to the seller?
Or do they require VAT to be paid by the buyer before it is released to them by customs?

I sent some gear to Ireland last week and when I looked at the details it was not clear what to expect. In the end the customer paid €22 for the £90 (with shipping) product.

eBay waffle:

Items delivered to the UK

Value Added Tax (VAT) generally applies to purchases by UK consumers, and prices on eBay.co.uk are shown inclusive of VAT.

Starting 1 January 2021, eBay is required to collect VAT on certain orders delivered to UK addresses:

• Orders up to £135 sent from outside the UK
  • Orders where the item is located in the UK, but the seller is not a UK seller
On orders over £135 imported to the UK, the recipient may need to pay VAT as part of clearing the parcel through customs.

It says lifetime " up to 5 years" - is that normal for this type of battery? - I thought part of the attraction of going lithium was their long life expectancy.

The power road from alpha batterys seems a better option ?
The bluetooth enabled ones (the Infinity range) have had an update recently to the firmware that improves the charging algorithm and syncing when you have multiples.

I would sooner buy from alpha than ebay .anyone bought the power road, any reviews?

I would sooner buy from alpha than ebay .anyone bought the power road, any reviews?

I'm running one also in my Motorhome in parallel with 3 Lead-Carbons and it is performing exactly as I would expect it to.

And will likely be getting a couple more for a new Hymer Motorhome to work alongside a Victron EasySolar and ELB with B2B Booster option.

hi im thinking of getting two 170w lithium batteries i have all victron blue solar chargers off my solar my question is what impact will my engine alternator have on my new batteries ????? ie charge voltage ?? any reply would be good

kevin

Best thing I ever done was fit lithium batteries. I have an Efoy fuel cell that cost 4 times that my two 100 amp lithium’s cost and it’s now surplus to requirements obsolete . They are a total game changer and take the hassle out of power. I did have help with a decent discount from alpha and the knowledge and help from Phil.

@compost
Renogy like pretty much every other outfit including Victron are a reseller when it comes to these batteries they assemble them from third party components quality and lifetime versus price being an obvious unknown, and put their sticker on a fancy branded plastic box.

Renogy don’t make anything themselves their Rover Mppt controllers for example are made by srne.

So when it comes to warranty it’s more down to asking will the company still be in business if you ever needed to make a claim.

Many of the one man band outfits flogging them won’t be

I bought the 200AH Renogy lithium battery it’s perfectly adequate for my requirements it has the oh so essential built in low temperature disconnect which is something often missing from a lot of batteries on sale including a certain over hyped brand pushed by certain YouTubers

It does not have built in heaters either which would have been useful.

It has built in Bluetooth which is useful however the Renogy DCHome app is a bit flaky.

If your van has a crude archaic split charging system rather than a b2b then to protect your alternator replacing it with a b2b is virtually mandatory

Last edited:
The Victron Blue Solar stuff isn’t Bluetooth, not sure how you change settings on them, do they have jumpers?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back