Likes and Thanks

Tim120

Likes and Thanks

Is it possible after looking at notifications and they have been cleared to see who liked or thanked someone?

I think if you click on the number of likes/thanks it shows the sender - try it on your post here, which I've just liked.

think it would be nice if names were there on show at a glance as they are in W.C.

I think if you click on the number of likes/thanks it shows the sender
It does indeed and I have just thanked you for that:Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

Notifications are there if you're 'quoted', do you think we need notifying everytime someone likes or thanks us?

*****;n8973 said:
When the site was first opened, we got a notification if somebody likes or thanked your post. This has now stopped. It is nice to know who has liked or thanked your post
This is not about point scoring at all!

The problem is that when the site first opened members were getting email notifications for all like and thanks activity. These emails really annoyed some members. The likes system does not support this version of vbulletin so I had to recode it to disable the notifications. It will take me a lots of work going through 10,000s of lines of code to rewrite the system to only send internal notifications, I will most likely spend at least a full day on it. I have a long to do list and there are other jobs that are to fix bugs or add features that add more benefit for members, but it is on the list.

Oh dear, sorry Phil I was not aware it was ongoing for you.
To me, it is really not important, I was just wondering if I could see who 'liked' or 'thanked' me.

*****;n8973 said:
When the site was first opened, we got a notification if somebody likes or thanked your post. This has now stopped. It is nice to know who has liked or thanked your post
This is not about point scoring at all!

You can see who has liked/thanked your posts by clicking on the number alongside the relevant button.

Personally, I don't want emails or internal notifications every time I get a like, which is why I asked if you thought we needed them.

Sorry, I don't understand your comment about point scoring.

on old forum we could ruen it off in member control panel the control panle seems simplified co,mpared to toehr side

oldish hippy;n9062 said:
on old forum we could ruen it off in member control panel the control panle seems simplified co,mpared to toehr side

You can do the same here under 'user settings'

Hi Phil i like the layout/colour/design of this site and find it easier to use than i thought i might. One small point please - and i think i found a small button to press to "go to first unread" post on a thread - but now i cant find it and have to click through the page numbers one at a time as i cannot find a go to first/last page options . thanks

Last edited:
Delicagirl;n9126 said:
Hi Phil i like the layout/colour/design of this site and find it easier to use than i thought i might. One small point please - and i think i found a small button to press to "go to first unread" post on a thread - but now i cant find it and have to click through the page numbers one at a time as i cannot find a go to first/last page options . thanks

Click on your name at the top right. Next click on Account. At the bottom of the page you can make an ignore list.
From the list of threads clicking on the little blue button to the left of a thred title takes you to the first unread post, if you've read a thread clicking on the little blue box with arrows on the right of the thread it takes you to the end of the thread.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back