Lincoln motorhome show.

We will be there. Are at Epworth temp C&CC site today prior to Lincoln. Wind rocking the van a lot. M180 & M18 were pretty bad with side wind, so take care. Humber bridge closed to high-siders.

Were parked up at the swan hotel Radcot nr Faringdon lovely place and food, on our way up in the morning. ☺

At Lincoln Show. Just started raining again. The ground is ok even after yesterday's rain and wind. Meg

We're two rows back from the shop and gas supplies tents, Rapido 986F with Osmond's Rolling Retreat sign in back window.

What’s it like there today? Charlie mentioned this last night when I said we were off for the weekend but weather didn’t look good for a field

I went a couple of years ago, we met up with Listerdiesel (RIP Peter) a really great event, but I can't do big shows like that anymore, too much back pain, I could do with a mobility scooter but cost and storage is a big issue :( :(

Hope the weather keeps fine for you peeps who have gone, peeing down up here in Pudsey

Yes definitely cold in the wind, bit of bingo this afternoon lol, interesting point when I went to empty waste water marshal asked me to empty it along the hedgerow sensible in my opinion, and saved quite a walk to Elsan point.

Warner's instruction is to take waste water home as there are no provision for waste water (it's written in their information sheet). How they expect you to be able to store 4 days waste is beyond me, that's why there are so many buckets with holes in the bottom or waste containers with caps just loose enough to slow drain.

Warner's instruction is to take waste water home as there are no provision for waste water (it's written in their information sheet). How they expect you to be able to store 4 days waste is beyond me, that's why there are so many buckets with holes in the bottom or waste containers with caps just loose enough to slow drain.
What a rediculous suggestion and at a motorhome show supposedly organised by folks who should know better. Saying that we would just have opened to tap once parked and closed when we left so maybe a good job we didn’t go after all :)

I know it's rained a fair bit over the last few days, but the ground needs all the help it can get at the moment, and a bit of washing/showering water isn't going to hurt.

The waste water rule is the same at all Warner's shows. They don't want you to empty the waste water into the Elsan tanks as that would fill them quickly and they have to pay to have them emptied. Not so bad if the Elsan point goes straight into sewers as some do but they have lots of freestanding tanks around the sites that then have to be pumped out.

I haven’t been to a motorhome show in years got put off them when we went to one in Manchester years ago cost a lot and you couldn’t move and I hate crowded places but maybe I might try one next year.

The waste water rule is the same at all Warner's shows. They don't want you to empty the waste water into the Elsan tanks as that would fill them quickly and they have to pay to have them emptied. Not so bad if the Elsan point goes straight into sewers as some do but they have lots of freestanding tanks around the sites that then have to be pumped out.
I understand them not wanting grey waste in black but I don’t understand the not emptying grey waste onto the ground. Thanks for the information though as I will make sure we don’t go to any Warner shows and ask what any other promoter does before considering(y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back