Lithium battery

Carrotts

Hi. Is this a good lithium ion battery. How can you tell. It’s half the price of a relion 100 ah batt. Cheers brian 3C17736D-8CA3-4F40-8049-97C068C34045.png

wildebus

I saw that same battery on Amazon a couple of days ago - identical price. Here is the link - https://amzn.to/3fXShyQ

It does seem very good value if as described ( I personally have no knowledge on this battery)
If you look at the Amazon listing there are some reviews and questions & answers posted as well.
I would go to Amazon rather than eBay to buy as better protection after 1 month (all eBay and Paypal will provide). For example, I had my CTEK Charger fail after 2 1/2 years - got a refund from Amazon same day as reported it faulty.

Geeky Philip

Administator

Have a look at this offer:

I also think there is an additional 10% off first purchase code (but I have not tried it)

Phil

DnK

If you look at the Amazon listing there are some reviews and questions & answers posted as well.
One of the reviews states that although advertised as coming from Electronics UK by Amazon they are actually dispatched from The Battery Masters. Having looked on their web site theres a further discount if you buy in multiples.

wildebus

Have a look at this offer:

I also think there is an additional 10% off first purchase code (but I have not tried it)

Phil
That, plus a 10% discount code (hopefully!) would push me spending the extra on the known quantity of the Renogy unless I specifically wanted to experiment (and be willing to accept the potential outcome).

(Corrected from Relion to Renogy :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited:
Reactions: DnK

wildebus

One of the reviews states that although advertised as coming from Electronics UK by Amazon they are actually dispatched from The Battery Masters. Having looked on their web site theres a further discount if you buy in multiples.
I noticed that if buying direct from the website, the battery includes a battery charger in the price, which could be nice for someone setting up a new camper?
The price is certainly attractive :)

DnK

the battery includes a battery charger in the price
The chargers £82.88 so yeah very attractive price. You wont get two chargers though if you buy two batteries at same time so best to buy two batteries separately to get two chargers then to sell one on for maximum value. That's my Yorkshire side of me coming out:)

nabsim

Is that really 100ah? That spec sheet has some low figures in it unless I am mistaken. You still around Phil, does that look like 80ah to you?

Okta

Carrotts

Hi all thanks for all the reply’s. the op was an ultra max. But the renogy sounds better ( thanks Phil ). Waiting to see the answer to nabsim 80 ah. Ref the charger. Is that a good one or what would you recommend. Or mppt or ...... cheers brian

Greytop

The cynic in me says "If it looks too good to be true then ............................." . I am sure lithium batteries will get cheaper and cheaper over time until they are a pretty standard battery in a Motorhome. Not sure it is the right time yet though. It would be interesting to have the views of a battery expert.

Trotter

The cynic in me says "If it looks too good to be true then ............................." . I am sure lithium batteries will get cheaper and cheaper over time until they are a pretty standard battery in a Motorhome. Not sure it is the right time yet though. It would be interesting to have the views of a battery expert.
I’d point you to Will Prowse on YouTube, but similar batteries are rebranded, if of Chinese origin, and I’m not saying that’s the case with this for a minute. It may go under several different names worldwide.
Will strips batteries down to see how they perform, the quality of both build and BMS. He may well have dealt with this one.
Very often your, “ If it looks to good to be true “, is a fact😤

nabsim

I'm curious what in the specs points to it being 80Ah?
I may be wrong Dave but the discharge figures look a lot lower than the ones for mine. I went for cheaper ones as Relion were out of my price range but got a great deal on TN-Power 100ah at the time. Its the TN power spec sheet I compared it to, like I said I may be wrong, since I bought mine I have not bothered looking at anything to do with matters so the bit of knowledge I had has been forgotten that's why I was asking for Phil to clarify

TR5

Well they can't even get the dimensions correct on the factsheet, so I would be suspicious.
Height quoted as 212mm / 8.54" (8.54" is 217mm)
Overall height as 212mm / 8.86" ( 8.86" is 225mm)
Length quoted 342mm / 13.0" ( 13.0" is 330mm)
The only dimension that is correct is the mm/inches width.

If they can't get the basics of dimensions right, how accurate are the other statements.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:158)

TeamRienza, pj650, jason9876, Silver sprinter, 2cv, cbdriver, alwaysared, kevlakes, DnK, SquirrellCook, ozzy1955, St3v3, nabsim, Topmast, Full Member, jeffmossy, Kennyb, Trotter, tonybvi, wildebus, Molly 3, RV2MAX, Bigshug, Lee, Val54, mistericeman, timatabsa, CherryPirate, Driventemple, Dulvil, jagmanx, Wooie1958, Edina, Chip, helen262, peejay, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, vtwinner, Exwindsurfer, LANDS43, PeteS, bmc, katv, Ian1950, Tribute11, Geeky Philip, mendit, Old Man Down, Okta, Barge1914, SimonM, Wully, HurricaneSmith, vanda, helmit, clarkpeacock, tilly, xsilvergs, EJB, Chris Evans001, Mobilvetta, eurajohn, Veloman, skippy, AliW, Reiverlad, Chris356, rustydog, trevskoda, Bigredf, StreetSleeper, BillE, Myles motorhome, GWAYGWAY, Bouydog, Clewsy, Jez, Ellendale, 11ALB, Picket, daveremog, Andy906, rugbyken, Wrighpm, rooneydog, tapfitter, witzend, Greytop, Stevie, RoadTrek Boy, Linda, WingNut, woodhouse boy, Elfish, Mark135, Dr Who, Digger Dog, greyduster, Markd, Happywagon, maingate, alun100, korky, Yorky, PopesOnTour, forthpilot, Clunegapyears, Habilis - abilis, 1977paul, Ronnie B, gipsy_jo, Amudle, Ifor, MOJO, Woodyguy, roadroamer, Anto, lifeafloat, Forcesixwindy, snapster, wilfyboy@hotmail.com, Frogman, Dartmoor Punch, Clarkster, TR5, old cronies, ibs7491, Biggarmac, grobpilot, Landyseverywhere, britcoms, davef, dhall26, iainandhelen, Ozbit, pete gardiner, chippythewiz, wingedone, stewpot, V1nny, Vanterrier, outdoorellen, Brakers, nomis64, Zuluboy, ScoTTyBEEE, john and janet, Bounce, chrisvh, coffeenut, Alcfire, cowanhouse, mike17, phillhend, Chas, gouden12, Jennyp19, DarrenRBit,