Lithium upgrade

Interesting. The heaviest load my battery bank has ever seen is about 10 amps, so it never drops voltage significantly under load. The bank is over 400Ah but not all of that is lithium.

I find that drawing 10 amps from a 100Ah lithium will give you 13.2v not 12.8v.
If i wanted to draw high currents, I'd probably not choose lithium.

Yes, I know Tesla and their kin take a lot of power from their (cooled) lithium batteries, but that's at high voltage to reduce the current requirement.
If your highest load is only even 10A, you are not loading the battery, you are just tickling it :D

Thanks everybody for your informative reply’s , looks like I’ll need to increase my lithium battery capacity
only problem I have is limited space as the leisure battery compartment
Renogy do a single 170 amp lithium battery which will fit in which I will look into

Thanks everybody for your informative reply’s , looks like I’ll need to increase my lithium battery capacity
only problem I have is limited space as the leisure battery compartment
Renogy do a single 170 amp lithium battery which will fit in which I will look into
Fogstar make a 280Ah battery that is not much bigger than normal battery. This battery costs £819.

Be far cheaper to fit your own after delivery. Dealer will be expensive for Lithium Battery. They will just buy it in add 100% and then add Vat and fitting.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back