Live earth reverse???

beryboy

Hi All,

Have just been cleaning and getting motorhome ready in the event we ever get to use it again. I decided to test the system put the hot water on and all appeared ok about an hour later my socket tester showed only one read bar and the message LIVE EARTH REVERSE what ever has happened and how or wht to do to correct it.?
Cheers Bertboy

Hi All,

Have just been cleaning and getting motorhome ready in the event we ever get to use it again. I decided to test the system put the hot water on and all appeared ok about an hour later my socket tester showed only one read bar and the message LIVE EARTH REVERSE what ever has happened and how or wht to do to correct it.?
Cheers Bertboy
I would start by checking the hook up cable

If you Motorhome is relatively new and certainly if it is not made in the U.K. it won't matter at all.
BUT make sure you NEVER work on the mains without unplugging the lead.

Interestingly if you go to remote areas of Norway and a few other countries you will find that however you connect the Hook up lead you will get a live neutral reversal fault reading.

If you Motorhome is relatively new and certainly if it is not made in the U.K. it won't matter at all.

Interestingly if you go to remote areas of Norway and a few other countries you will find that however you connect the Hook up lead you will get a live neutral reversal fault reading.
Very dangerous as unswitched side may be live,install one of these for protection.switch.jpg

He said live EARTH which is very dangerous.

OP - you need an electrician.

Reactions: Bri
That sounds dangerous. Is the water heater still working? You might have a faulty element that has shorted to earth.

He said live EARTH which is very dangerous.

OP - you need an electrician.

Great advice, get an electrician in asap and leave it unplugged.

Regards,
Del

Hi All,

Cheers Bertboy
Live earth is a bad fail. But I suspect the tester. Try plugging it into a known-good socket in your house.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back