Lockdown Security system

hurricane

Free Member

Lockdown Security system

I did some research a while back on security for my motorhome. I looked at wheel locks, steering wheel locks, window and door locks etc and thought if someone wants it badly enough these mechanical devices are as much as useless. I then looked at Tracker systems are found a company based in York called Outsmart The Thief.
I was impressed with the Lockdown system. Apparently it has been on the go for about 12 years and to date it has 100% success rate for not losing a single van. They have 24/7 monitoring and on three occasions I have accidentaly opened the van without disarming the system. Within minutes on each occasion I receive a call to see if all is well. Can't rate it highly enough. Gives complete peace of mind.
Anyone else using Lockdown?

http://www.606060.com/

I have Global Telemetrics installed on my van with a tracking app etc.

In the unlikely event your motorhome is stolen it will be tracked and disabled when stationery at trafficlights or a roundabout and won't go any further.

Good idea if you are the type of person that would want it back after it has been stolen as I personally would not ever want it returned, also would not have stopped the 10k worth of damage done to ours when it was broken into but not stolen unfortunately !

Banned member;n5190 said:
Good idea if you are the type of person that would want it back after it has been stolen as I personally would not ever want it returned, also would not have stopped the 10k worth of damage done to ours when it was broken into but not stolen unfortunately !

If someone wants in they will gain access but all windows and doors including bonnet are monitored so at least you will know if someone is in your pride and joy.

hurricane;n5197 said:
If someone wants in they will gain access but all windows and doors including bonnet are monitored so at least you will know if someone is in your pride and joy.

Too late at that point for us it would be sold , both times I have been broken into the alarm has alerted us luckily ,once whilst in the motorhome and the other occasion it was parked within earshot.
Don't do the pride and joy thing it is a tool to do a job :Wink_Emoji:

runnach;n5205 said:
Same could be said for your home, if unfortunately broken into, would you sell up and move, where same can happen again?

Probably yes and don't have a home it is a house again purchased to do a job and now sold ready for the next adventure.
I don't even put curtains up usually unless I am selling but didn't even bother with that this time ! Lol
we have a bed and a table with 4 chairs Oh and a fridge !

I like the sound of that I have a tracker and an alarm fitted by dealer. But like the sound of that one better wonder if it could tie into system I have even use some of the components a good system like that should bring down you’re insurance premium as well ?

I'm not using lockdown. I have other systems in place which I am more than happy with and so are my insurance company as they are Thatcham approved.
But to a professional thief I dare say these will be just a minor inconvenience.
If someone wants a van it will be stolen no matter what you have fitted. Tracker jammed, dragged onto a covered van, gone. First thing you know is an empty space and feeling sick in the stomach.
Accidentaly triggering the alarm proves that what has been installed works as it should and in no way prevented a theft.
As a satisfied customer who has no connection whatsoever with this company may I thoroughly recommend. As we seem to be advertising.

https://www.vanbitz.com/

My security so far thachham alarm and Immobiliser tracker disk lock electric bed down over dash. Levelling jacks raised so wheels just off ground two security posts in front of van bolted in driveway gates. And Just for back up an aluminium baseball bat still to put the nails through it. ? they’d be easier robbing a bank and buying a motorhome ?

Slaw1967;n5173 said:
I have Global Telemetrics installed on my van with a tracking app etc.

We have this too. The only time they’ve rung us is when we’ve been on the ferry to Ireland. Wonder why!
... no app though was told there wasn’t one ... we had one with the last tracker on a different van.

Had systems on last two vans, nothing ever happened. No extra security on current van at the mo, probably means I will be targeted.

I had the forerunner to the Lockdown system (Motorhome Defender) from Outsmart the Thief installed on my van when I got it 7 years ago. Ongoing subscription is £95 per year, slightly less if you buy 3 years at a time. I never had any problems with it and was always amazed at how quickly Karl phoned on the frequent occasions when I opened the doors forgetting the alarm was set. A very good system.

Lockdown Security system

I did some research a while back on security for my motorhome. I looked at wheel locks, steering wheel locks, window and door locks etc and thought if someone wants it badly enough these mechanical devices are as much as useless. I then looked at Tracker systems are found a company based in York called Outsmart The Thief.
I was impressed with the Lockdown system. Apparently it has been on the go for about 12 years and to date it has 100% success rate for not losing a single van. They have 24/7 monitoring and on three occasions I have accidentaly opened the van without disarming the system. Within minutes on each occasion I receive a call to see if all is well. Can't rate it highly enough. Gives complete peace of mind.
Anyone else using Lockdown?

http://www.606060.com/
I have a similar system fitted and have to say that the 24/7 monitoring is brilliant, they have rang me on three occasions, one was when I disconnected the battery whilst fitting a radio that took them 40 seconds, next time it was picked up for service using a recovery vehicle that was just as quick as they spotted it moving without the engine running, the third time was when the Fiat dealer disconnected the battery whilst carrying out a warranty repair, so all in all I believe it was worthwhile having it fitted. As far as the comment if they want it they will steal it is concerned it’s make it as difficult as possible.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back