Look what Santa has put under the tree for me :)

Admin

Administator

I got a phone call today from On Board Energy to say that my Christmas present had been dropped there by Santa.

I went and collected it and had a great chat with them about arranging a 15% discount for our Full Members. Hopefully we should be able to get something set up in the new year.

I also had a chat with their installation guy and he really knows his stuff. He recently did the install on the Indie Projects Sprinter build, I will post the video below.

Me and my new toy are going to have so much fun!

120174BF-B0B3-4143-A199-EF1B0F0CB903.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks interesting. this is to run the meets evening Discos I presume?

I called On-Board Energy last week with a question about my new Multiplus as it happens and I found them very pleasant folk and very helpful as well :)

I got a phone call today from On Board Energy to say that my Christmas present had been dropped there by Santa.

I went and collected it and had a great chat with them about arranging a 15% discount for our Full Members. Hopefully we should be able to get something set up in the new year.

I also had a chat with their installation guy and he really knows his stuff. He recently did the install on the Indie Projects Sprinter build, I will post the video below.

Me and my new toy are going to have so much fun!

View attachment 40760

For those of us who are newbys, what does it actually do and do I need one.

For those of us who are newbys, what does it actually do and do I need one.
It is a smart lithium battery. It is able to run loads up to 200 amps like large inverters. The benefit to our members is that it is going to power my portable winch. I can also use it to help jump start flat motorhomes, run our speaker and disco lights, use an inverter to get power anywhere.

As well as being chargeable from its mains adaptor it can also be charged at 20amps through the output cables. It also had a built in solar charger so you can just plug a solar panel (up to 25v) directly into the dedicated port. You can control it via bluetooth or the remote cable it comes with.

It can deliver its entire 40Ah (512wh) without an issue and does not suffer stamina issues if used with an inverter, so under a 200 amp load it could be the equivalent of two 100Ah lead acid batteries.

It is a smart lithium battery. It is able to run loads up to 200 amps like large inverters. The benefit to our members is that it is going to power my portable winch. I can also use it to help jump start flat motorhomes, run our speaker and disco lights, use an inverter to get power anywhere.

As well as being chargeable from its mains adaptor it can also be charged at 20amps through the output cables. It also had a built in solar charger so you can just plug a solar panel (up to 25v) directly into the dedicated port. You can control it via bluetooth or the remote cable it comes with.

It can deliver its entire 40Ah (512wh) without an issue and does not suffer stamina issues if used with an inverter, so under a 200 amp load it could be the equivalent of two 100Ah lead acid batteries.

In that case it sounds like a brilliant bit of kit, might get chance to use the winch at the New years party meet if the weather turns and we are on grass pitches. I was a bit worried about that as I have already managed to get stuck in a farmer's field the second time out in my motorhome but luckily the farmer managed to tow me out with a tractor, but this gives me peace of mind. Now the only thing I need to worry about is whether my single 100amp leisure battery will last the 4 nights. ??

In that case it sounds like a brilliant bit of kit, might get chance to use the winch at the New years party meet if the weather turns and we are on grass pitches. I was a bit worried about that as I have already managed to get stuck in a farmer's field the second time out in my motorhome but luckily the farmer managed to tow me out with a tractor, but this gives me peace of mind. Now the only thing I need to worry about is whether my single 100amp leisure battery will last the 4 nights. ??
There is an easy way to make sure that it will last, don't switch anything on.

There is an easy way to make sure that it will last, don't switch anything on.

Phil this will be the first time I have ever taken New Year off work, if my wife cannot watch her bloody soaps my life would be hell, believe me it would be more peaceful working and carrying the usual New Years Eve pissheads in my taxi. Lol

Phil this will be the first time I have ever taken New Year off work, if my wife cannot watch her bloody soaps my life would be hell, believe me it would be more peaceful working and carrying the usual New Years Eve pissheads in my taxi. Lol
If you have a battery charger it may be a good idea to bring it along. I am hoping to have a couple of spare batteries that we can use help people out.

Brilliant thinking Phil, that gives me peace of mind, I was hoping to order a new leisure battery to have as a spare, but unfortunately we don't get back to the UK until the evening on the 23rd December and wanted to check what battery is fitted already, so I could order one the same dimensions as a spare, but doubt I would get it in time over the Xmas period before setting off to the meet. Ideally I could probably do with having a two battery setup fitted. I think it is a 100amp platinum battery at the moment, but are wondering whether to buy two identical batterys, given that the leisure battery already fitted will be 3 or 4 months old.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back