Looking for garage to damaged motorhome

Mackenzie lass

Hi everyone
I was wondering if anyone could help as insurer is struggling to find a reputable garage that can fix and take our motorhome?
We have damaged the roof of our- swift escape and need to find a repairer which will be covered by our insurance. Yes we know - can’t believe it ourselves but stupidly went into multi-storey that had plenty of room going in an less going out 😫
Is anyone aware of any garages rhat might be able to repair this?
Thanks in advance for any messages

ABDA0481-0D3A-4EF2-9344-2E54B6588D39.jpeg2FA9857B-7E2A-4562-A1E4-2B6B1A53465B.jpeg

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I actually am Scottish but live in Oxfordshire
We are all really struggling to get someone to take this on including insurance.
Any help would be gratefully received
Thanks In advance for reading

I agree with witzend as a right off. Going off in a tangent, would you have any recourse with the CP owner, accessing fine, egress not, was there any signage regarding egress height limitation?

I agree with witzend as a right off. Going off in a tangent, would you have any recourse with the CP owner, accessing fine, egress not, was there any signage regarding egress height limitation?
Should of taken pictures and reported there and then, there fault if you got in but not out, or no signage as above.
Duck tape on polythene, for now to keep dry, easy fix without panels.

Oh dear!

Have a look at any motorhome dealers near you and see if they will take it on. If they can't then ask them where they would take any similar work that they had.

Should of taken pictures and reported there and then, there fault if you got in but not out, or no signage as above.
Duck tape on polythene, for now to keep dry, easy fix without panels.
How Trev?

I have just communicated with my friend who owns the body-repair part of the local Swift dealership. He is also at capacity and is turning work away unless they are customers on their database. He hopes things might be quieter at the end of the year. "Lead times now 6 to 9 months".

I suspect it will be similar everywhere.

Sorry that it isn't a lot of help.

Gordon

I have just communicated with my friend who owns the body-repair part of the local Swift dealership. He is also at capacity and is turning work away unless they are customers on their database. He hopes things might be quieter at the end of the year. "Lead times now 6 to 9 months".

I suspect it will be similar everywhere.

Sorry that it isn't a lot of help.

Gordon
Thank you Gordon for this info

No use but our local dealer has some capacity but we are in west Wales :unsure:

AW Marine repaired mine after it was damaged hitting a deer, I would also highly recommend them
Yes they fixed mine when I had a fight with a tree stump and they did a cracking job 🤔 oh no that was me they fixed the cracks. 🤣 Seriously highly recommend them.

Back