Looking To Buy a 2nd Hand MoHo

VeganVanTours

Free Member

Hi all and thanks for accepting me to the forum.

I've come across the forum before when I have done searches but watched a video today by Urban Motorhome recommending the forum so decided to pop in and register.

We're looking to buy a 2nd hand MoHo and I have been looking in the usual places such as Gumtree, Autotrader etc but a bit disappointed. So many simply do not respond or ask for money to be transferred prior to even viewing the MoHo so I started looking at private sales but then when I ask some fairly simple questions I find out there are problems or they simply do not answer. In one example it took me a week to get a copy of the habitation check and I discovered that the gas system was not working, the fridge failed and the heating system failed. Couple that with the high damp readings and I decided to pass.

Now I am under no illusions that with a tight budget (15k) I'm not going to get a van that's in perfect condition but at the very least I'd expect the owner to tell me what's wrong so I can budget that into the purchase and/or repairs.

We actually had a 20 year old Ducato 2.8 7 metres here a while back and loved it.

Does anyone know of any reputable sites where we might find a van?

Location: Not important. I am travelling over from Tenerife and will be in the North so Scotland would be preferred but for the right van I will happily drive to the south coast if needed.

I know of a nice 2006 Burstner A Class Tag Axle that will be up for sale, but sadly not close to your budget :(

Back