Lost our travelling buddy

Rec

Our lovely Chloe went missing last night, she had been unwell, a bit disoriented during the evening and very cuddly. Was sick and Dave let her out and went and got stuff to clean up. In those two ? Three minutes she disappeared. She never roams or goes further than the one terrace even though we have a lot of land. Spent the several hours searching all the surrounding area, neighbours lands, woods ruins etc with a torch. And started again at daylight with our neighbours, going over the same areas. Unlikely she would have reached the road as a couple of km away and she could barely walk and then was so slow. Even so, I drove the roads in both directions with full beam on...very quiet roads.There was a heavy frost last night and as she feels the cold even indoors, we don't think she would survive it especially as so weak! It's awful not knowing and not being able to find her. All friends have put messages out in the local area and still nothing! Both of us are devastated and blaming ourselves, for thinking she was just going to be sick again or do a wee and not going with her. Don't know what to do now and feel so helpless.

P_20200129_121149.jpg

sorry to hear that , must be horrible . all i can suggest is leave very attractive treats by the door,maybe even her bed .good luck

• Thank You
Reactions: Rec
Oh Ruth, how awful. It's bad enough when you have to say your goodbyes, but not knowing where she is ....I can't imagine how you feel. Hope there is a good outcome xx

• Thank You
My heart breaks for you just so sad hope you find her. 😢

Last edited:
So very saddened to read this, it must be tearing you apart with worry.
Praying for a happy outcome.

Still no news, have given up finding her alive but want to find her for closure. It's just awful not knowing or being able to lay her to rest. She may hhavedecided to go somewhere to die but we ought to be able to find her.
This is just so sad I do hope you find her.

Terrible news, hart -breaking for you. my condolences to you, I too have experienced such loss a number off times so know the pain you feel God bless you , God bless Chloe

• Thank You

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back