Low water pressure

MOJO

Free Member

Low pressure from the taps ,is it the pump on its way out ? It's a Truma in tank type.
Our hydrolic arms supporting the side locker door in its overhead position have failed.Can they be fixed,if not ,is there a go to place for such things.
Thanks in anticipation of a helpfull answer .

Hydraulic struts can be bought from SGS near Derby, there should be a number on your strut, if you phone them they can match it and they do a mail order service

It sounds like a pump problem but check there isn't a leak or a poor connection where the pipe pushes on to the pump before spending, also check the pump filter

Hi again,after some feed back here is the info requested.The model is a 2014 Hymer Starline.The arms measure 775mm at full extension and 590mm closed from fixing points.I carry a spare pump incase on our foreign travels but did not want to rush in to replacing without enquiries in to possible cause of reduced pressure.IMG_20190716_160722.jpgIMG_20190716_160644.jpgIMG_20190716_160621.jpg

For replacement gas struts, I have twice found Gas Strut Engineering very efficient and competitive (once 15 years ago for a strut for my yacht, then earlier this year for struts for the motorhome locker door).
www.gasstrutengineering.co.uk
01234 221430

We sometimes get lower water pressure. With our system it usually turns out that the filters in the tap ends need unscrewing and cleaning.

I have the same pump, still going from 2002 but it has lost pressure a few times but each time it was the water pipe connection on top of the pump, first time it was cracked, then I had to cut an inch off the pipe each time to get it water tight, I couldn't tell it was leaking because it was inside the tank ?, I need a new pump now because it is noisy but I will carry this as a spare

I have the same pump, still going from 2002 but it has lost pressure a few times but each time it was the water pipe connection on top of the pump, first time it was cracked, then I had to cut an inch off the pipe each time to get it water tight, I couldn't tell it was leaking because it was inside the tank ?, I need a new pump now because it is noisy but I will carry this as a spare
Will check the pipe also

Can got the struts on Ebay, but you'll need to know the length and the pressure.

Like Tezza33 I’ve used SGS in the past with good results. They’ll need to know the extended length and any original manufacturer data, and what it’s used for. The replacement strut is normally over-pressured and adjustable with an allen key so that you can reduce the resistance to suit your needs. Worked well on our hab door replacement as I wanted one with more resistance to counter the wind blowing it back etc. The original strut (x2) were just too under pressured.

Hi again,after some feed back here is the info requested.The model is a 2014 Hymer Starline.The arms measure 775mm at full extension and 590mm closed from fixing points.I carry a spare pump incase on our foreign travels but did not want to rush in to replacing without enquiries in to possible cause of reduced pressure.View attachment 47601View attachment 47602View attachment 47603
If that big box is full of 12year old whisky you will not need a strut to hold the door open..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back