LPG in Shetland?

Vanterrier

I am told the Shetland Gas Supplies outlet in Sullom has stopped selling LPG, can anyone confirm this?

My LPG app shows it was updated in December 2018 so closure must be recent if it has. Is there anywhere else?

K :(

Their website states that they no longer sell it except in bottles... Nowhere else apparently. Looks like it's the way LPG is going?

Their website states that they no longer sell it except in bottles... Nowhere else apparently. Looks like it's the way LPG is going?

You need to fill up on the way north... Spean Bridge ‘Road to the Isles’ garage on the west side, Tore Services on the east.

According to adjacent Magnus Hotel, the LPG is in the quarry still but not permanently manned, so you need to call in advance to say you are coming... Assume this arrangement will run out when the LPG tank is empty.

K :/

We have struggled to get gas in Dumfries and Galloway but eventually found some

I filled my lpg up on the motorway services next one up from Moffat. I know that it is going to last me at least 4 months so I will be okay going to Skye but I will try to remember to check as I travel.

If I do remember I will post but my memory isn’t great

Edit: it was Abington services I used

Annie, If you don't have it already try using FillLPG app on your android phone...

K ;)
Yes I have it but the first 3 stations we tried on that 2 don’t sell it and one said they never have.

I filled my lpg up on the motorway services next one up from Moffat. I know that it is going to last me at least 4 months so I will be okay going to Skye but I will try to remember to check as I travel.

If I do remember I will post but my memory isn’t great

Edit: it was Abington services I used

Yes we didn’t go the Abingdon way or we would have filled up there.

Y
I am told the Shetland Gas Supplies outlet in Sullom has stopped selling LPG, can anyone confirm this?

My LPG app shows it was updated in December 2018 so closure must be recent if it has. Is there anywhere else?

yes St Magnus Hotel at the top of the island. And the lovely chaps will sort you out. £10 minimum- I used to turn up at the quarry around 9 and wait. If the chain is up they are shut. They leave early on a Friday.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back