LPG Two Stage Gas Regulator can I mount upside down

• Thread starter Deleted member 5731
  • Start date

Deleted member 5731

Hi,

Can I mount two stage regulator upside down, using mounting plate to screw into chassis.
See picture.

I have see a few youtubers installed upside down and seems working, what is your thoughts on that?
Thankstwostage.jpg

Last edited:
Is a 2 stage lpg regulator better/different from a standard one?
They seem to be the more expensive choice now may be some regulations requiring their fitment but also give more problems I've never had any problem with the 1st stage regs over the years but had to replace a 2nd stage along with a lot of others because of blockage

Last edited:
Never though about this before so just out of interest Why "No" Completely uniformed but I'd have thought it'd been OK
Sorry for simple no. that was wrong of me to put it that way .
Goggle it .
Can I fit a gas /lpg regulator up side down.

I would have thought the regulator needed to be vertical with the inlet at the bottom to encourage residues and condensates to flow back to the tank. They can foul up the regulator if they flow the wrong way.

I would have thought the regulator needed to be vertical with the inlet at the bottom to encourage residues and condensates to flow back to the tank. They can foul up the regulator if they flow the wrong way.

I think it's designed to be fitted undearneat slightly above Lpg tank and I have see factory build campervans and even fitted Lpg by propex used this particular regulator pic at 1st post in upside down manner.

Perhaps someone who is familiar with this regulator would clarify little more? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on orientation in this case i would take upside down to be flow arrow pointing up rather than fixing plate

depends on orientation in this case i would take upside down to be flow arrow pointing up rather than fixing plate
Arrow just flow direction not upside down mark. Also there is small air ventilation hole on the top head. And someone said hence the top head should be facing upward not downward.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back