Lpg underslung condensate

• Thread starter Deleted member 5731
  • Start date

Deleted member 5731

Hi

What is maintenance for underslung Lpg tank?
Is there any water condensate buildups?
Thanks

Hi, we've had our tank since 2009. It was professionally fitted and from 2009 to 2015 I'd never done a thing to it. Then after a MOT report that said it would need looking at, I contacted Autogas 2000 in Thirsk who examined it. (Who I'd throughly recommend). They sandblasted and re-painted it with anti stone chip paint and re-hung it on a new cradle. I've not touched it since! All I do is fill it up and drive off. It should be visually checked on the MOT, and if you have an annual Hab Check they should find any leaks, if you don't first! I've never heard of condensation issues, and wouldn't know how or what to do if there were any! I can't recommend the system enough, and can't understand why van builders don't fit them as standard.

Hi, we've had our tank since 2009. It was professionally fitted and from 2009 to 2015 I'd never done a thing to it. Then after a MOT report that said it would need looking at, I contacted Autogas 2000 in Thirsk who examined it. (Who I'd throughly recommend). They sandblasted and re-painted it with anti stone chip paint and re-hung it on a new cradle. I've not touched it since! All I do is fill it up and drive off. It should be visually checked on the MOT, and if you have an annual Hab Check they should find any leaks, if you don't first! I've never heard of condensation issues, and wouldn't know how or what to do if there were any! I can't recommend the system enough, and can't understand why van builders don't fit them as standard.
Van builders don't need to fit them as Joe blogs buys his vans anyway sad but true

When we bought our UK built Autosleeper in 2013, it had an underslung tank, that I think was standard across most of the range.
However, there seem to be more and more garages in the UK stopping the sale of LPG, so, I doubt many builders will be fitting these tanks as standard in the future.
Shame, they are very handy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back