LPG

Well, maybe. When did you last fill from one of their pumps? I tend to go for lower prices. Several years since I filled at a Shell garage.

Well, maybe. When did you last fill from one of their pumps? I tend to go for lower prices. Several years since I filled at a Shell garage.
the shell in general need a good kick, who by the uk gov, they have been greedy to say the least, prices have ranged from .99p to £1-40p per ltr, i now, dont go in there for-courts, i pass them by,as im passing through, with 2 fingers. 1 for peace,the other were it hurts. ok.pj. and as we go electric.

Er, last week, it’s 2 miles away 🤣🤣

I tend to buy about 40 litres or so when I fill. I tend to only use LPG when touring about, so I plan fill stops at cheap places en route.
In general, Shell seems to be about 20p per litre more expensive, so the £8 saving funds a small diversion.

It looks like its not only Shell garages as it says "and other independent service stations" . I wonder when we will get to know which independent service stations will be stopping stocking LPG. The shell garage at the Abington services on the M74 is where I usually fill up, as it is near. Hopefully Morrisons are not supplied by Autogas Ltd.

The Autogas ones are clearly labelled, I think. It used to be a big branding thing.

Even if Morrisons had been supplied by Autogas (don't think they are) they can find other suppliers if they choose.

It's interesting how the market is so fragmented. Some areas have lots of LPG stations and lots of competition driving prices down, but there are still really expensive forecourts amongst them. Presumably selling enough to stay in business.

Then go to the Scottish Highlands, and the suppliers are few and far between.

Asda are consistently reasonable, but not Morrisons, who charge more where there is no competition.

On the Autogas website: "Calor will continue to supply LPG for transport into the existing network of around 1000 refuelling sites across the UK" and there is a list of 90 stations planned for closure, with dates.

It looks like its not only Shell garages as it says "and other independent service stations" . I wonder when we will get to know which independent service stations will be stopping stocking LPG. The shell garage at the Abington services on the M74 is where I usually fill up, as it is near. Hopefully Morrisons are not supplied by Autogas Ltd.
I spoke to them at Abington two weeks back and they have no knowledge of the ending selling lpg

Maybe they are contractually obliged by the Highways Agency to continue supplying motorway service areas, it would make sense in terms of fuel breakdowns ...

FloGas sell Autogas at various locations, you need a key for some unattended fillpoints, there is one in Banbury which is close to me.
Their appears to be a real North/south divide on LPG stations, without Shell they are few and far between.
I drove from Thetford back to Daventry and there isnt a single garage selling LPG on the way, you have to deviate off the route to find one and when your vehicle runs off it the deviation isnt worth it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back